Thread: laser

Good Citizen

Default laser

Is rear laser port very important???Would it be better for a clear shot up front ??Is the rear laser port just as important??When mounting mine I must make choice......Above mirror mount is a must :roll:

Advanced Member

The OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) like to park a cruiser on an over pass and laser cars from behind , then radio ahead to units waiting on the side of the highway. I have seen State Troopers in the USA use the same tactic, but I would still say most targeting is from the front.
    The concern I have is that with units like the M20 that are 100% effective .....will laser targeting from behind become the rule rather than the exception?
    A rear transponder is probably a good and necessary investment.

Radar Fanatic

Well, here's one consideration. It seems to me that if your RD went off due to a signal coming in from the rear, it would be nearly certain that you have been hit and it's too late. In that sense rear laser reception seems like kind of a moot point unless you're jamming. I think that it would be much more important to gain the best possible view to the front on the off chance that you can pick up a reflection from a vehicle being targeted in front of you. In that sense, having laser shot at traffic from behind might be the better situation. Maybe Roy would be willing to investigate this if he hasn't already?