View Poll Results: Should i buy a new V1?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 56.52%
  • NO

10 43.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Should i buy a new V1?

I got a deal on a new V1 from my friend . Should i buy it. He bought it a week ago. Not even opened. His wife said he could not buy it so he did and she found out. Someone needs to straighten her out. Thinking about taking advantage of his offer.

Speed Demon

You already got a Great RD why not saving that cash and getting a Blinder?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
    You already got a Great RD why not saving that cash and getting a Blinder?
    If you have laser where you are, then use the money for a jammer but if you do not ,buy the V1 and then you can do your own comparison testing.
    It is fun to have more than one unit to play with.

Besides all the cool kids have more than one detector :wink:

Professional

We dont have laser here in my town but travel one way to a college town and they have it and travel the other way San Antonio PD has Laser. I did like having to RD's. My day gives me hell on all the detectors i have had. I say "ITS LIKE GUNS, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY." Thats the Gods honest truth.

Experienced

You can never have too many guns? I guess we should load down each marine with 15 M16 rifles... wait a minute, they can only fire one at a time, so why is having more than one gun good?

And about "straightening out a woman", do we have to have the sexiest comments?

Before I get attacked, our friend here is making quite a few statements that have nothing to do with radar detectors, and are controversial at best, sexiest and extremist at worst.

This isn't a forum about "straightening out a woman", nor one about the benefits of owning a massive aresenel.

Finally, the correct choice is to make your own choice. None of us can tell you what you want, only you know. If you want it, get it. If you don't want it, don't get it. You may regret it either way.

Professional

I did not say that all women need to be straightned out. I was just talking about his wife. She says RD's are worthless. Im not trying to start anything. A little humor dont hurt anyone. I was asking about if i should purchase a new v1 from him since his wife wont let him keep it?There was a purpose, and it was NOT to start a controversy.

Advanced Member

Buy a Laser jammer!!!!!! They are cheaper and will protect you better from laser...Your detector is already top notch so all you need is a Laser jammer for prtection

Every time you ask we tell you to get a laser jammer since you aleady have one of the best detectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    I did not say that all women need to be straightned out. I was just talking about his wife. She says RD's are worthless. Im not trying to start anything. A little humor dont hurt anyone. I was asking about if i should purchase a new v1 from him since his wife wont let him keep it?There was a purpose, and it was NOT to start a controversy.
    Some people on this forum don't just have detectors to prevent tickets, but its a hobby to them, if your one of them, grab it.

If not, maybe you can try it before you buy it from your friend, and then decide.

If your an entrepreneur, buy it, then it sell it for $375.00 on Ebay, it should sell for at least that, possibly more. Don't tell your friend about it!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Buy a Laser jammer!!!!!! They are cheaper and will protect you better from laser...Your detector is already top notch so all you need is a Laser jammer for prtection

Every time you ask we tell you to get a laser jammer since you aleady have one of the best detectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Couldnt agree more...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

Agreed.........Buy a Jammer