Professional

Default my X50 saved me from laser

Yesterday afternoon, here in HK, on Lung Cheung Road, near Choi Hung (for those of u in HK) the speed limit is 50 km/h. I was together with a bunch of cars, stuck right behind a minibus going quite slow. Then i saw the fast lane was completely empty, so i suddenly swerved into the fast and floored the gas pedal.

At the same time, as soon as i swearved lanes and floored the gas, my X50 beeped laser really loud, so i immedately slammed the brakes. I was originaly going 45 km/h, i floored it and went up to 65 or so and i braked back down to 40ish.

If i didnt have a radar detector.....i would have gone all the way up to 90 or 100 km/h coz i was flooring it. Luckily, the officer must have seen me suddenly swerve out from behind the minibus and he targeted me so before i had the chance to accelerate, my detecotr went off.

He was standing on a bridge on the opposite side of the road, pointing his laser at me and they were pulling over people up ahead, but i didnt get caught

I dont have any veil or jammer. This is i think one of the few situations a laser detector can save you from laser.

Experienced

Wow thats something else. I've seen outruns videos of the X50 alerting to laser, but I have never had a personal alert. I still question if the alert would be a warning time or just a notification.

Professional

Usually its a notification, unless you're very lucky or in special circumstances like the one i just encountered.

Speed Demon

Default Re: my X50 saved me from laser

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    Yesterday afternoon, here in HK, on Lung Cheung Road, near Choi Hung (for those of u in HK) the speed limit is 50 km/h. I was together with a bunch of cars, stuck right behind a minibus going quite slow. Then i saw the fast lane was completely empty, so i suddenly swerved into the fast and floored the gas pedal.

At the same time, as soon as i swearved lanes and floored the gas, my X50 beeped laser really loud, so i immedately slammed the brakes. I was originaly going 45 km/h, i floored it and went up to 65 or so and i braked back down to 40ish.

If i didnt have a radar detector.....i would have gone all the way up to 90 or 100 km/h coz i was flooring it. Luckily, the officer must have seen me suddenly swerve out from behind the minibus and he targeted me so before i had the chance to accelerate, my detecotr went off.

He was standing on a bridge on the opposite side of the road, pointing his laser at me and they were pulling over people up ahead, but i didnt get caught

I dont have any veil or jammer. This is i think one of the few situations a laser detector can save you from laser.
    My old detector has saved me from at least one laser ticket .