Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritter

Lead Foot

Default Fritter

Hey gang - this guy (gal?) is obviously trying to provoke - so as my momma always said (Forrest Gump) - ignore them and they go away.

If Fritter is a real Officer, then thank you for protecting us and be safe. But let's just not reply to the posts...again - seems to be here just to provoke...

Scratonicity Groupie

With VB we now have the option of ignoring users.

Left click on their name. Go to view public profile. Click on list view and hit ignore.

Radar Fanatic

i reckon the guy is just lost . however some of his posts are amusing so i wont hit ignore for a while, unless he gets really annoying

Street Lawyer

X2, I think everyone has a right to their opinion, and if nothing else, you may learn SOMETHING from a leo's perspective. Not to mention, I believe that people, once informed, can grow & change, so there's always a chance he could add something relevant in the future after you've already ignored him. For this reason I make it a policy to never ignore people, I respect one another's opinions, views, and demand to be heard, even if they differ from the view of mine, it at the very least, makes for good conversation, even if it is trolling =)

Wow, ignored, that's how we debate here?

Look. When you have a public forum then be ready for the opposing view. If your answer to open honest debate that is done with respect is to "ignore him and he'll go away" then your arguement must not be that strong.

Look, I have no problem with folks that like gadgets. Man I got more gadgets then most. I mean, cops are the worst! I have ear pieces for my radio, special lights for my bike, rails for my sidearm etc.

What I have a problem with is folks that come here and brag about putting their own and others lives at risk. Then are so blatant about it that they brag and boast.

Also, I don't like people being taken advantage of. Some of the posters, a few of my antaganists I'm sure, are trying to sell a product and they, in my opinion, are not being straight forward with the claims. Now I'm talking actual experience from a street cops perspective. I have yet to see one of these "jammers" work. And all the data I've read so far, I'll be reading more as I find this fasinating, doesn't match up to what I, and other cops, have experienced.

So don't fear me, prove me wrong in healty debate. I will start gathering more data as I run into these devices and I will post it here.

Fritter
    Austin Police Department
    Downtown Area Command

^^^ Well said, and I agree. Fritter does seem to enjoy using all kinds of electronics equipment. Maybe he will have fun deliberately trying to induce speed reading errors by panning his radar gun across the front of a car or from the road up to the car and then report back to us. From this he would realize that laser guns are not infallible and then he could educate his fellow officers about how to avoid inducing errors when using their lidar guns.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
    I have yet to see one of these "jammers" work. And all the data I've read so far, I'll be reading more as I find this fasinating, doesn't match up to what I, and other cops, have experienced.
    Now what type of "jammers" are we talking about here? If you're talking about passive radar jammers then I think the vote is pretty much yeah they don't work at all from (almost) everyone on this forum. Now if you're talking about laser jammers well that's a different story.

Sure some might not work correctly due to incorrect setups etc. but one thing you have to remember is most people here that use them have a rule that once you're at the PSL or slowed down enough to shut them down and let the officer get a reading.

Now I do agree with you on the boasting of insane stuff that could/does put others on the road at risk does sometimes creep up in posts on this forum from time to time but you'll have that due to the theme of the forum but that doesn't mean everyone here is like that.

Hi Fritter,

Do or have you used radar guns? Any particular radar gun models which you liked or disliked using? What are rails for your sidearm?

Scratonicity Groupie

Fritter,

The majority of the users here are honest hard working individuals who want to get from point A to point B without the fear of their insurance rates going up. There is also another group who I would call enthusiasts, who have very nice cars, and respect for the public. It is the small minority of users here that unfortunately try to give us all a bad name. I can promise you that lack of respect for law enforcement is not tolerated. And honestly that's all I'm looking for in return from law enforcement. You seem like a nice guy, and I appreciate your dedication to getting drunk drivers off the road.

However, I'll counter your argument and ask that you be the one to show us that we are wrong. No one is going to debate the use of 'instant on' radar. When used properly it's the deadliest form of speed enforcement. What I will debate is that this is a cat & mouse game, and the mouse does ALOT of playing.

Laser Pro Park Single Head vs. LTI Marksman 20 / 20

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK View Post
    ^^^ Well said, and I agree. Fritter does seem to enjoy using all kinds of electronics equipment. Maybe he will have fun deliberately trying to induce speed reading errors by panning his radar gun across the front of a car or from the road up to the car and then report back to us. From this he would realize that laser guns are not infallible and then he could educate his fellow officers about how to avoid inducing errors when using their lidar guns.

We already do.

I like the laser because I can pick a car out of a crowd. Lets say that the speed limit is 55, the normal flow could be as much as 60 to 65. When I see a car going faster then the normal flow I single him out and put the red dot somewhere in the vicinity of his front license plate. I have gotten to the point where I can engage and get a reading in around 1 to 2 seconds inside 1500 feet.

I have been through the error learning curve. Also you can't have any high grass in or near your line of sight.

F