Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default Officer Fritter.

Leo's speed just as much as we do. They are always hauling ass and not on call. There are always numerous complaints about running red lights and not caring about the way THEY drive in the local paper. If i see a Leo pass me i get right behind him just like he is a rabbit i have yet to be pulled over. Sometimes when i pass them i like the look on there face with my radar detector lit up full bright at night. I saw a Tx DPS officer fly by me doin 30 over the PSL and found him in the next town at a hamburger joint to grab a quick bite to eat. So i think there should be a cop-buster busting Leo's breaking the law. I drive fast but not reckless. Not all officers are that way so praise the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Leo's speed just as much as we do. They are always hauling ass and not on call. There are always numerous complaints about running red lights and not caring about the way THEY drive in the local paper. If i see a Leo pass me i get right behind him just like he is a rabbit i have yet to be pulled over. Sometimes when i pass them i like the look on there face with my radar detector lit up full bright at night. I saw a Tx DPS officer fly by me doin 30 over the PSL and found him in the next town at a hamburger joint to grab a quick bite to eat. So i think there should be a cop-buster busting Leo's breaking the law. I drive fast but not reckless. Not all officers are that way so praise the good ones.

You may not believe this but with the advent of GPS in our cars the powers that be always know how fast we are going.

I'm in town myself and I can tell you it is a ***** to get around in traffic because everyone drives extra safe around a big white cruiser with POLICE on the side.

Sometimes we do haul the mail to get to a call or to backup a fellow officer. More often then not we are called off after the call is "code 4"(all safe). So then we can slow down and go on to doing what ever we were first doing.

We drive for a living so we constantly sharpen our skills. And before you compare me to a delivery driver or other jobs that require driving all the time remember, we are taught to drive aggresively in pursuits and emergency situations. Our officer involved collisions are low compared to other jobs that require constant driving. (Truckers etc...)

F

Old Timer

i followed two NJSP troopers the other day..i paced them..averaged 85 mph...not liek right behind them but i stealthily followed them

v1 + 700ish hp cobra > crown vic

YouTube - ford mustang cobra out runs police

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
    We drive for a living so we constantly sharpen our skills. And before you compare me to a delivery driver or other jobs that require driving all the time remember, we are taught to drive aggresively in pursuits and emergency situations. Our officer involved collisions are low compared to other jobs that require constant driving. (Truckers etc...)
    Honestly I can't accept this as an answer for ANY LEO to speed. If I'm a professional race care driver and I am trained in driving in situations etc. does that entitle me to speed over the speed limit as I am *trained* to do so? No, I would get pulled over just like anyone else.

I've been passed by LEOs going a good 15-20+ over the PSL just so they could run and setup in a spot to run radar. Example in the video below below. As you can see in the video the LEO passes me going a good 15-20+ over the PSL, gets ahead of me a bit and turns on his rear radar antenna as I suspect he was trying to get me to speed up because I saw him fly past. You'll notice he turns his radar unit off after he tries to nail me from his rear. So do you actually SUPPORT LEOs who use this tactic/drive like this?

YouTube - Pro 73 vs Causeway Police Ka

Old Timer

WOW that was a dick move

Power User

Texas DPS does that on the Interstates and Highways !

Old Timer

id say thats entrapment

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    i followed two NJSP troopers the other day..i paced them..averaged 85 mph...not liek right behind them but i stealthily followed them

v1 + 700ish hp cobra > crown vic
    hhahahahahah. I can't stop laughing. "In FL it's just not worth it stop any more"...

the only thing catching them was the radio.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
    You may not believe this but with the advent of GPS in our cars the powers that be always know how fast we are going.

I'm in town myself and I can tell you it is a ***** to get around in traffic because everyone drives extra safe around a big white cruiser with POLICE on the side.

Sometimes we do haul the mail to get to a call or to backup a fellow officer. More often then not we are called off after the call is "code 4"(all safe). So then we can slow down and go on to doing what ever we were first doing.

F
    The court ordered me to EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operation Center) in California when I was 16 years old, it is the same training police receive, I still have the certificate of completion around here somewhere. When I was working for a PI, all the surveillance guys had to have the same certificate I already held. I also have had several delivery jobs and drove all over the country. Yet people say I still drive like $hit, though I disagree, I must accept this criticism(tho they usually thank me whenever I avoid an accident from the real jerks who actually DONT know how to drive.) Anyhow, my point is being an officer doesn't make you any better of a driver then a normal citizen or give you an excuse to haul a$$ in 30mph streets when there is no call to go to.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay View Post
    Honestly I can't accept this as an answer for ANY LEO to speed. If I'm a professional race care driver and I am trained in driving in situations etc. does that entitle me to speed over the speed limit as I am *trained* to do so? No, I would get pulled over just like anyone else.
    Exactly. In America, we do NOT have any graduated licensing system to allow us mere mortals to drive with fewer restrictions if we have appropriate training, so this isn't a valid argument for LEOs. I dare say that a lot of people driving on the roads today have better training in high performance driving than most LEOs, and I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that a lot of us are driving vehicles that are more competent at high speeds than the Ford Police Interceptor.