Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default More States Will Ban Detectors?

Do you guys think that more states will adopt DC and Virginia's policy of making detectors illegal to own?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Happy, I wish you hadn't asked this "Q" because now if the wrong people see all the opinions and "if the states do this or the states do that" the legislators will run us ragged.

I have one recommendation if it even comes up as an issue in anyone's state - "VOTE NO :!: :!: ". Leave RD ownership alone. It is the right of every individual to purchase and should be the right of every individual to use. DON"T BECOME ANOTHER VA.

Talk to your state reps (demo/rep/lib/other) and tell them. If we don't they'll take it and run with it.

Speed Demon

They'd have a hard time convincing anybody except for the disenfranchised Washingtonians and the Virginians who have all their priorities in one basket that they should be illegal.
    Richard

Power User

I'm gald RD's are illegal in VA for the following reasons:

The penalty if you get caught is next to nothing.
    Cops use constant on radar 99% of the time, they just hide from sight and leave the radar on. Works great for me.

I don't feel as "safe" when driving in Maryland because the MD cops know people have RDs and they use instant on in sneaky set ups.

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah that is another way of looking at it NONstealthjamal. My police friend told me that he would not leave his on when he patroled because the sound drove him nuts. I aksed him about turning the sound off and he told me that the one that he had did not have the option to do that. I say maybe he just did not know how to operate it. Anyway in Ohio State Trooper are VERY good at using instant on X band and laser. Jamal I am just wondering why did you not buy the RX65 instead of the X50?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

marlinspike wrote

They'd have a hard time convincing anybody except for the disenfranchised Washingtonians and the Virginians who have all their priorities in one basket that they should be illegal.
    Richard
    Here's something I recommend: take time out to watch the CSPAN channel that airs what's going on in the House and Senate. See how many items come up that you know about or have heard of. See how many seem like some idiot pulled out of thin air (or another anitomical spot). When you hear those, theat's when you need to be calling Congressman so-and-so and telling him how you feel he's not representing you.

Cheetah Rep

HEHEHEHEHE...
    Yeah that is another way of looking at it NONstealthjamal.
    You guys crack me up with the competitive one-upmanship, it's great.

Wasn't there a study done that showed detector owners were safer drivers than non-owners? (or is it wishful thinking on my part?)
    It seems to me detector users pay more attention to the road, since they're usually scanning ahead, and checking the rear view mirror.

I do, not so much because i'm hauling a$$, but because my instincts and attentiveness have saved me in situations where no detector would have.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    Here's something I recommend: take time out to watch the CSPAN channel that airs what's going on in the House and Senate. See how many items come up that you know about or have heard of. See how many seem like some idiot pulled out of thin air (or another anitomical spot). When you hear those, theat's when you need to be calling Congressman so-and-so and telling him how you feel he's not representing you.
    I write Congressman van Hollen somewhere between 4 and 8 times a year. Congresswoman Morella was better about responding to her constituents. van Hollen was good the first year after winning election but then he petered out.
    Richard

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Wasn't there a study done that showed detector owners were safer drivers than non-owners?
    In the US and New Zealand I believe.
    Richard

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Yeah that is another way of looking at it NONstealthjamal. My police friend told me that he would not leave his on when he patroled because the sound drove him nuts. I aksed him about turning the sound off and he told me that the one that he had did not have the option to do that. I say maybe he just did not know how to operate it. Anyway in Ohio State Trooper are VERY good at using instant on X band and laser. Jamal I am just wondering why did you not buy the RX65 instead of the X50?
    I like the controls on the X50 better than the RX65. Also, I had an original 8500 before the X50 that I liked a lot. I did notice the speedzones.com test shows the X50 as the best, but Craig Peterson shows the RX65 as best. And everyone that owns a V1 says it's best. So I just soaked all that in and made the decision to go with the X50.