Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Do any detectors display laser signal strength?

Just wondering. Seems like most units I have seen just give a full alert regardless of the strength of the detected signals.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by justin81 View Post
    Just wondering. Seems like most units I have seen just give a full alert regardless of the strength of the detected signals.
    No, laser is a yes or no answer. You either are detecting it or you are not detecting it. There is no signal strength readout for laser.

Lead Foot

Default ha

There is no need for signal strength on laser. IF you detect it (big IF), you had better be "brakedancing" immediately.

Old Timer

yea if ur picking laser ur most likely dead

Experienced

While we are on the topic of lidar (this most likely should be in a different thread), can you tell when you get a PT on a jammer?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TRDdave View Post
    While we are on the topic of lidar (this most likely should be in a different thread), can you tell when you get a PT on a jammer?
    if you run a detector as well as the jammer, it will stop alerting when you get a PT.

similarly if you slow down and shut off the jammer and the LEO is still having difficulty getting a lock, it will keep alerting until he does too. i have seen on more than one occasion that my V1 was still going for 2-3 seconds after i switched off my LPP.

Experienced

Ok that make sense.. But what I was wondering was if the LJ systems have some kind of warning, like an enemy missile locked on your aircraft, to notify you that your detection and protection have been compromised.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TRDdave View Post
    Ok that make sense.. But what I was wondering was if the LJ systems have some kind of warning, like an enemy missile locked on your aircraft, to notify you that your detection and protection have been compromised.
    not that i know of. my LPPs keep alerting for 4 seconds after i stop hitting them with laser so my V1 is the only way i have of knowing how long it took the LEO to actually get my speed when i shut them off after slowing down.

i dont know how other jammers act under these circumstances but i doubt any of them can tell you if you suffered a PT TBH.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    not that i know of. my LPPs keep alerting for 4 seconds after i stop hitting them with laser so my V1 is the only way i have of knowing how long it took the LEO to actually get my speed when i shut them off after slowing down.

i dont know how other jammers act under these circumstances but i doubt any of them can tell you if you suffered a PT TBH.
    Agreed. The jammer has no idea if a PT was attained.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    yea if ur picking laser ur most likely dead
    Not exactly. I've picked up other's being targeted with laser (and they were between me and the lidar gun) with my V1. You can get early warning, just not a lot of it. I suppose it is from scatter off of other cars/objects.