Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

I have both a Bel 895 and a Whistler Pro 78 for my 2 cars. But recently in New Orleans La. they have installed camera to give tickets for red light volations and for speeding tickets. My qustion is this this:

Is there something that can be sprayed on a licence plate that can keep the camera from reading the licence plate number? If so, does anyone know if that product really works?

Yoda of Radar

Visit Radar Detectors and Jammers - Reviews & Shopping at Radar Busters and look in the left hand column at the products under "photo-radar". Also there are some radar detectors (soon to be) and other gadgets that maintain a database which you can use that will warn you ahead of time. Hope that helps.

As for the products themselves... just read some reviews (I haven't used any myself... sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Visit Radar Detectors and Jammers - Reviews & Shopping at Radar Busters and look in the left hand column at the products under "photo-radar". Also there are some radar detectors (soon to be) and other gadgets that maintain a database which you can use that will warn you ahead of time. Hope that helps.

As for the products themselves... just read some reviews (I haven't used any myself... sorry).
    If the only options there is are the ones in that Radar Busters link you put in your post, after reading the reviews on those products, I would be more afraid of being pulled over by a cop because of the license plate obstruction, then getting the red light or speeding ticket because of a camera.

Here is one of the reviews below:

By Sabine from Los Angeles, CA on 7/17/2007

Prosurable, Easy To Mount
    Cons:Obscures plateBest
    Uses:NoneDescribe
    Yourself:Practical
    Bottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend

When you put it on your liscence plate you have to wonder whether or not you will get pulled over just for having it. If you are not looking at it directly, (looking at it from an angle) then it blocks out your plate which would be an incentive for a cop to pull you over right there. I took it off and wouldn't recommend it.