Newcomer

Default them sneaky MP's...

how bout them MP's (military police) huh? they're very sneaky here in Ft Lewis, where im stationed. just the other night (bout 1:30am) i was driving towards my barracks and there was a ft lewis police crown vic on the side of the road with all lights off and BAM!!! instant on K band from the rear. i didnt see him till i got hit by the beam. thankfully i wasnt speeding. i dont speed on post anymore, mostly because of this situation, but also cause i actually got pulled over in a similar situation. about the same time of the night, the mp was driving the other way. because they have all types of different vehicles its hard to identify them by the headlights. once again BAM!!! instant on K band. he pulled a u turn over the median and came after me. 52 in a 40. he let me go. i still cant believe it. ive heard of speeding tickets on post of 1mph/2mph over. i was VERY lucky! i stopped speeding on post ever since. learned my lesson.

for all you guys that drive on military installations BE CAREFUL! the mp's do anything they want. ive done i little research on the rules they have to abide by when using radar and they are virtually non-existent. i dont even know if you can fight a ticket given by an mp. ive been meaning to consult a legal counselor on that but i havent had much time. were getting ready to deploy again :cry: . now that i have a car that is actually worth speeding in and that has the necessary countermeasures, i have to leave for another year. oh well, its for a good cause i guess...

but back on topic: DONT DO ANYTHING DUMB ON POST! ULL GET CAUGHT AND PAY DEARLY. just my advice 8)

Scratonicity Groupie

here on base in Dover our cops could careless. they are required to log so many hours of radar a week but usually they just turn the kband on at night and get out of the vehicle.

its kind of pointless on there part they dont make money and if you get caught speeding its just a slap on the wrist!

cheers to dover security forces

best of luck on your deployment I've been taking alot of guys / gals over lately, and not bringing that many back. that's my favorite part of the job bringing troops back from a long deployment. we usually get a fuel stop in Maine and seeing faces light up when we show up with these huge lobsters and bread *priceless*

if you are going to balad i'll hook ya up i'm in there a few times a month!

Good Citizen

Oh yeah. MPs do anything they want on post and can get away with it. It's a whole different set of rules about everything on post or base. It's even worse if you are a soldier. They can park their vehicles in the woodline with their lights off and ticket you for speeding back when that was illegal for a cop to do. I have no idea if it still is or not. At least if you are a civilian and get ticketed on post, your human and privacy rights still apply to you. If you are a soldier, you don't have those rights. That's part of the main reason I ditched the Army and transferred my time over to DoD Civilian. I was tired of not having the normal rights that all my friends (mainly civilian) had in their work environment. Can you imagine having to work on a weekend *because* someone that worked with you got a speeding ticket?

I've posted many articles about that on my blog. If you're interested, check out the Rights category, and the Pages (separate from daily blogs) titled "Why I Quit the Army," "Paid Vacation," and "The Life of a Soldier."

Newcomer

if you are going to balad i'll hook ya up i'm in there a few times a month!
    unfortunately the info we got says were suppose to be going to the mosul area. last deployment (OIF2) we spent the whole year at balad. it was like a vacation! state of the art gym, outdoor olympic size pool, indoor pool, px, movie theatre, subway, burger king, pizza hut... the list goes on.

but this time we dont know... its definetely going to be different than last time... :roll:

Scratonicity Groupie

keep me updated with your location. but we hardly go anywhere but balad or baghdad. they let the little planes do the smaller air fields work!