Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default laser from behind

Today in Hong Kong, i saw them shooting laser from behind.

They were on a bridge, shooting down at cars below as they go past. The bridge is so wide that u can't see the cops there until you're wayyyy past. Like this no detector will go off, veil is almost useless coz veil only works at a further distance.

The only thing that could save you is a blinder in the back, but in HK hardly anybody has blinders.

Has any tests ever been done on RD's abilities to detect laser from behind? They are supposed to detect them coz they have the laser sensor at the back of the radars also.

Banned

Two LE-30's are more powerful then 2 blinder's.

Manufacturer

Perhaps the winning combination is to use both a multi-head jammer combined with Veil at the rear. Just as Veil reduces punch throughs (long and short) due to headlight reflections/shots, the same should be true for rear tailights/CHMSLs.

At some point, I suspect, that a formal rear tests will need to be conducted as this targeting may continue to increase in popularity.

Interesting stuff...

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Manufacturer

JTW when I saw LE-30 tested with two units the Blinders proformance was still better. ( only stating what I saw)
    I have only seen the LE-30 tested twice and read two other reports.
    Where do you get your facts ?
    Throwing CRAP to the board to see what sticks only takes away from your following and puts you in a class with RMR and some others.
    Like we talked about you can write anything on a box. I guess you can write anything on this fourm as well.
    I try to keep it to what I have seen or what other reilable resources print about us.
    Where are the two testers I ordered weeks ago?
    Keep it REAL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder Dude
    JTW when I saw LE-30 tested with two units the Blinders proformance was still better. ( only stating what I saw)
    Throwing CRAP to the board to see what sticks only takes away from your following and puts you in a class with RMR and some others.
    Like we talked about you can write anything on a box. I guess you can write anything on this fourm as well.
    I try to keep it to what I have seen or what other reilable resources print about us.
    Keep it REAL
    Lidatek's put out much more light then a blinder transponder. Why do you think your blinders uncloak past 1200' buddy. You won't see a lidatek do that because they have a higher light output. Keep it real Leon.

As for your testers you didn't order them weeks ago and you didn't even pay for them anyway. I refuse to sell them to you, especially since you claim I'm in the same class as RMR. Go build the testers yourself.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Keep it REAL
    Lidatek's put out much more light then a blinder transponder. Why do you think your blinders uncloak past 1200' buddy. You won't see a lidatek do that because they have a higher light output. Keep it real Leon.

As for your testers you didn't order them weeks ago and you didn't even pay for them anyway. I refuse to sell them to you, especially since you claim I'm in the same class as RMR. Go build the testers yourself.
    :shock:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Founder of Stealthvation

Keep it REAL

Screw this **** next event Guys Of LIDAR are having will be a paperview event between Leon and JTW throwing down. A full out brawl, toe to toe, fist for fist.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Keep it REAL

Screw this *BEEP* next event Guys Of LIDAR are having will be a paperview event between Leon and JTW throwing down. A full out brawl, toe to toe, fist for fist.
    If Leon wants to brawl it out he may just force me out of testing retirement.

Manufacturer

Don't tell me you are sending me the product and change your mind without letting me know. ( I e-mailed you with no return)
    How's that for customer service.
    You are the one that said you would send me the product to look at and we would take care of it at a later date.
    I'm not looking to get into a pissing match, I was trying to test a new product on the market it just happens to be you were offering it at agood price.
    I still love ya CHRIS
    I will get the tester thru someone else Thanks.
    Oh ya the Lidatek we all saw punch thru at long and close range. Only telling you what we saw.
    Keeping it real XOXO

Professional

yo......relax people. look, the point of this thread was not to argue.

i just wanted to discuss laser targeting from behind.

anywayz.....in HK i can't use any type of laser blinder or stuff like that coz the cops will surely stop you up ahead and inspect, then prosecute and impound the car.

I can only use veil. But my car is bright yellow, the mazda 6. Would that be sufficient to stop them?

Also......my other point i wanted to discuss was whether RD's would pick up laser from the rear. The top 3 especially.
    I'm very interested in the X50's ability since i have this. I know it should be very hard to pick up laser from the rear through that small sensor since the laser would have to pass through the rear window and just be right inbetween the two passenger seats which is highly unlikely. Therfore i'm suggesting that some tests should be done on RD's rear detection abilities.