Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind You

Experienced

Default Behind You

What do you do when a Leo is following behind you with radar on full blast and you have your detector on and it's going crazy?

Radar Fanatic

Let him pass then take a peek into his cruiser at what he's running. During the day I run it dim and at night either dim for mid mount, or dark when using the high mount. On a few occasions when LEOs have seen my RD, they get behind and keep shooting IO.

Experienced

I was getting nervous that he'd find anything wrong I did seeing my RD. I was doing PSL when he was following me. I didn't want to move my hand off to turn it off either. I need to get a new rvm so I can mount it higher.

He was sitting in a known K band false area but my Pro 78 ramped up pretty nicely and then got to 9, which it never does there. I then saw the cop sitting there right when I passed and my LED's were going crazy. He did a U turn and caught up behind me.

I turned my LED blink off now because I can't really see them up high and I think others can see it blinking.

Mine's hardwired so I can't just reach down and pull the cig lighter plug out.

Speedtrap Crasher

a discreet mute button is perfect for these situations.

Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

What you need is to wire a discreet kill switch.

Experienced

Mute does nothing but mute the sound? It still blinks. I don't care if it's loud. I need like an auto dark button.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Allen View Post
    Mute does nothing but mute the sound? It still blinks. I don't care if it's loud. I need like an auto dark button.
    A kill switch will "kill" the power to the detector. It's the same as turning it off but you can mount the switch anywhere.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlesfan View Post
    A kill switch will "kill" the power to the detector. It's the same as turning it off but you can mount the switch anywhere.
    Oh, I'll do that tomorrow

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Allen View Post
    Oh, I'll do that tomorrow
    The wiring diagrams are on here somewhere. Probably posted by The Professor, buy any toggle switch you want from RS, auto zone, etc.

Experienced

I'm pretty sure you could just put the RD positive and ground on the switch, then run wires from the switch to add a circuit and the actual ground.