Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default SML vs GOL? We are being noticed.....

Can't help but post this and I quote.

"Radar-detector enthusiasts are a passionate group, and the two main entities that test radar detectors, Speed Measurement Laboratories and Guys of Lidar.com, are fanatical in their attention to detail, providing clear explanations of testing policies and extensive documentation of each and every test they conduct. Rarely do we see such devotion to critical analysis and pure love of research than at these two websites. Quite simply, Speed Measurement Laboratories (which publishes results on its website, SpeedZones.com) and Guys of Lidar.com are the best reviewers of radar detectors out there -- period. However, neither makes specific recommendations. Instead, they present all the information and let readers decide for themselves which radar detector is best for their needs.
    Roy Reyer, a former police officer, participates in and draws upon tests from Speed Measurement Labs, but also conducts and publishes his own analysis and tests. Though Reyer sells radar detectors through his website, RadarBusters.com, the detectors he tests and the ones he rates highly are not restricted to the products he offers. User reviews at Epinions and Amazon.com are helpful, and the radar detector forum at RadarDetector.net is also packed with information. Users are both well informed and highly opinionated. Consumer Reports has yet to evaluate radar detectors.
    While manufacturers and users sometimes claim otherwise, most people buy radar detectors for one reason -- to avoid speeding tickets. It's not surprising, then, that there's a bit of an outlaw attitude when it comes to radar detectors. Unfortunately, that attitude sometimes spills over to reviewers as well. In the past, we rated the opinions of Craig Peterson and his RadarTest.com website highly. However, earlier this year, Guys of Lidar accused Peterson of sabotaging a radar detector field test they were conducting and posted a video on their site to back up the claim. Though we can't substantiate the authenticity of either the video or the claim, we do note that RadarTest.com has done just one review this year -- a now largely out-of-date look at laser jammers that predates the incident. As most of the other content on the site is more than a year old, we have significantly downgraded our rating of RadarTest.com for this update."

Well, you know who's behind in the rankings. I'm so glad we have this forum and thanks to all the members and GOL teaming up to share valuable information. keep it going guys.

Here's the info if you want to read more about it.
    Radar Detectors Reviews; Best Radar Detector
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 07-31-2008 at 04:47 AM.

Yoda of Radar

That is unbelievable, I can't believe we (and GOL in particular) got praised by CR. That's some serious exposure right there

Founder of Stealthvation

It is a simple formula. We are a bunch of enthusiasts with no hidden agendas that perform these tests honestly and report facts. We test for ourselves so we can see what products we want to buy and install on our own personal vehicles. We then post our findings for everyone to see and help those readers make their own decisions. If one does not like our results or trust our results they are free to use other resources. We are NOT professionals nor have ANY desire to be professionals. We truly love this hobby and spend money out of our own pockets to conduct these tests. This forum, Roy, and the love of this hobby created GOL.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

That article is rather amazingly detailed, and, coming from "the lay media," incredibly accurate and up-to-date.

There are some holes and trouble spots (i.e. their outdated contact for the Laser Interceptor retail link), but overall, the information therein truly stands heads-and-tails above *everything* I've seen, from similar "reviews," so far.

Whoever the writer(s) is(are), certainly did their homework.

Oh, and yeah:

Way-to-go, RD.net and GOL.

Speed Demon

No one is noticing that article until now? Someone linked to it a while back for what it said about the V1 or something......I guess the part about GOL went unnoticed.

I figured that article was the reason CP had new reviews out.

Speed Demon

I really like Consumer Reports. I've always seen them do their research and work.

Speed Demon

It's not Consumer Reports. It's a site called Consumer Search, which rates the reviewers as well as products. It noted in there that Consumer Reports DOESNT do reports on radar detectors. If you were confused by my last post, I was saying CP as in Craig Peterson....

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by bkrell View Post
    It's not Consumer Reports. It's a site called Consumer Search, which rates the reviewers as well as products. It noted in there that Consumer Reports DOESNT do reports on radar detectors. If you were confused by my last post, I was saying CP as in Craig Peterson....
    You have confuzzled me!

Yoda of Radar

Very cool I must say... they certainly got their facts straight. I agree the writers did some research. A positive review is always good for this site, and GOL.

Scratonicity Groupie

awesome. props to the author for legitimate information.