Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Article with more gospel from the police about detectors being a waste

Kinda funny...

Do radar detectors work?

Speedtrap Crasher

Default Re: Article with more gospel from the police about detectors being a waste

Actually, I thought that was one of the more accurate articles I've read on the subject.

Although she missed lidar jammers entirely. Which is good news.

Of course you have to remember. No one is bullet proof. The well laid out RADAR speed trap with the a patient operator is in-defensible. Especially a moving one.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Default Re: Article with more gospel from the police about detectors being a waste

do you people honestly think that the police actually think that detectors don't work?
    come on of coarse they know they work but they are not going to tell a news reporter that they work, they're not stupid. what do you think would happen if the police told the reporters that radar detectors work and worked as good as they do? every tom dick and harry would run out and buy a cobra and start speeding around town.

at least this way they can keep the sheep thinking they don't work and they only have to worry about the few of us who know the truth.

Good Citizen

This is a quote from her article :

"There is one device that is illegal in California: radar jammers. Whereas radar detectors just track the presence of radar, radar jammers jam the signal going back to the radar gun."

Shouldn't it be " jam the signal going back to the Lidar gun if they are jamming laser" Because radar jammers are illegal everywhere not just in Cali.
    Last edited by VicRod74; 08-09-2008 at 06:58 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts View Post
    do you people honestly think that the police actually think that detectors don't work?
    come on of coarse they know they work but they are not going to tell a news reporter that they work, they're not stupid. what do you think would happen if the police told the reporters that radar detectors work and worked as good as they do? every tom dick and harry would run out and buy a cobra and start speeding around town.

at least this way they can keep the sheep thinking they don't work and they only have to worry about the few of us who know the truth.
    I disagree with this statement. Applied Concepts is the maker of Stalker radar and laser. I know for a fact, that part of Applied Concepts' sales pitch to PDs is that RDs can't detect their radar guns. This is somewhat true for Cobras and such. I'm quite convinced that most LEOs believe this to be true. Also, those of us that evade their radar traps are never noticed by them, since we are well slowed by the time we reach the trap. Combine this with the fact that every LEO at some time or another pulls some one over for speeding that has some cheap Cobra on their windshield and you have a full blown belief that RDs are pretty much useless. Our latest LEO forum member(rhymes with critter) is a full blown member of this cult.

Radar Fanatic

Stalkers sales pitch may be that their radar guns can not be picked up by RD's, but even crapras don't have that much difficulty picking them up.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Applied Concepts is the maker of Stalker radar and laser. I know for a fact, that part of Applied Concepts' sales pitch to PDs is that RDs can't detect their radar guns. This is somewhat true for Cobras and such. I'm quite convinced that most LEOs believe this to be true. Also, those of us that evade their radar traps are never noticed by them, since we are well slowed by the time we reach the trap. Combine this with the fact that every LEO at some time or another pulls some one over for speeding that has some cheap Cobra on their windshield and you have a full blown belief that RDs are pretty much useless. Our latest LEO forum member(rhymes with critter) is a full blown member of this cult.
    Very true DJ. My friend who is a local motorcycle LEO said they had a class with the guy from Stalker and said that their radar and laser couldnt be detected by detectors. I told my friend to hold on a second while i started up my truck with my V1 in it and then shot it with his stalker laser gun...the V1 went nuts his partner later on saw my 8500 on my bike and said the same thing about it not detecting their radar. He had my friend turn on his radar unit and the 8500 went nuts. I wish i had a camera to show you guys the look on his face Ive mentioned this in another thread too. I think they are also relying on info from 20+ years ago that has jsut been passed down as gospel through the decades.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    Stalkers sales pitch may be that their radar guns can not be picked up by RD's, but even crapras don't have that much difficulty picking them up.
    Cobras might detect Stalker better than they do Kustom, Decatur or MPH, but they doesn't mean that they don't struggle to detect the Stalker.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinZX-10R View Post
    Very true DJ. My friend who is a local motorcycle LEO said they had a class with the guy from Stalker and said that their radar and laser couldnt be detected by detectors. I told my friend to hold on a second while i started up my truck with my V1 in it and then shot it with his stalker laser gun...the V1 went nuts his partner later on saw my 8500 on my bike and said the same thing about it not detecting their radar. He had my friend turn on his radar unit and the 8500 went nuts. I wish i had a camera to show you guys the look on his face Ive mentioned this in another thread too. I think they are also relying on info from 20+ years ago that has jsut been passed down as gospel through the decades.
    Haha, stalker is telling people that there guns can't get detected by rd's but there one of the easiest ka frequency's to pick out
    Last edited by YTCD; 08-09-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    Haha, stalker is telling people that there guns can get detected by rd's but there one of the easiest ka frequency's to pick out
    With Cobra selling so many RDs, this statement is not all that far off.