Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default X50 user buys V1

Ok...I broke down and bought a V1 last week. I used it on one road trip through Kans-a$$ into Nebraska this week.

My initial thoughts: The V1 falses WAY more around towns and cities than the X50. However on the open highway in rural areas it is dead quite.

My V1 doesn't seem to be as sensitive as my X50. There are a couple Ka speed signs in Nebraska I encounter everytime I drive that way. I've paid specific attention and the X50 picks the signal up about 200-300 feet sooner than the V1. This disappoints me. I was hoping to see the V1 be a little superior in that area. And yes for all the Veliever's (I too am now a bona fide cult member) the V1 is mounted in the same position as my X50 was.

Also I'm gonna have to get used to all these damned lights. In an urban area this V1 is almost useless. There are some many friggin lights going off on it ...looks like a Chrsitmas tree ON FIRE! I think I'll just have to get used to it. Kinda like learning a new language. I wished it had an auto-mute.

However on the open road I gotta feeling it may be very effective. Only time will tell.

L8R

Welcome back from the dark side :wink:
    Don't u find the directional arrows increase your SA?

Power User

You will surely miss the auto mute feature in your X50 specially when driving in urban area. Also expect to get more false alerts with laser and the "J" junk alert is not working like it should do - it will also "J" real police radar at times. You'll also be glad to have arrows but that to me is subjective. You also have to get use to pushing the mute button. By the way, get a modified remote dispay from lifespeed. A must for V1 owners.

Power User

Default Re: X50 user buys V1

Quote Originally Posted by RadarWarrior
    The V1 falses WAY more around towns and cities than the X50. I've paid specific attention and the X50 picks the signal up about 200-300 feet sooner than the V1

ahhhhh Thats gold....you poor V1 Boys

Professional

Each detector has its virtues. Normally, I'd have no problem expressing an opinion and saying one is clearly better than the other. I can't say that - - at least based upon my driving environment. They're both really FINE detectors. However, those arrows are truly invaluable and I definitely miss that information when riding with the X50.

Speed Demon

Arrows are a good thing but the price and falses comes with it :?

Good Citizen

Also the expertmeter is awsome with the x50 because it tells you not only that there are multiple threats but it gives the strength for each threat...but the V1 only says the strength of one threat.
    I tried a V1 and there are worthless in the city....but on the wide open roads it does pretty good....except when it picks up other detectors :x

Scratonicity Groupie

the V1 when programmed correctly can be superior to the x50. the reason being with the V1 you can see the alert but not hear it. when I had my x50 I loved the automute and if the V1 had that it would be all over.

I have heard version 3.825 drastically reduces falses and helps keep it quiet.

also I have noticed that Dover, DE is the worst ever for falsing. I have to run the V1 in big L with the highest compression. however when I travel to my girlfriends home town in BelAir, MD i can run it on A and have no problem at all.

on my road trip to Myrtle Beach I ran it in A the whole way even in Myrtle Beach and never had a problem.

I'm thinking its just our cities and some of them tend to put an automatic door opener on every nook and cranny ala Dover.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    the V1 when programmed correctly can be superior to the x50. the reason being with the V1 you can see the alert but not hear it. when I had my x50 I loved the automute and if the V1 had that it would be all over.

I have heard version 3.825 drastically reduces falses and helps keep it quiet.

also I have noticed that Dover, DE is the worst ever for falsing. I have to run the V1 in big L with the highest compression. however when I travel to my girlfriends home town in BelAir, MD i can run it on A and have no problem at all.

Tell me exactly how you programmed your V1 to make it superior than the X50 and what version do you have?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    i can run it on A and have no problem at all.

on my road trip to Myrtle Beach I ran it in A the whole way even in Myrtle Beach and never had a problem.
    Myrtle beach is the best.