Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default Interesting radar observation

    I live in central NJ, by princeton and i've noticed something really interesting. well it's probably not interesting to you guys but it is to be at least


    I've just become a freshman college student, and my college is right by atlantic city..

    The police activity is SOOO much different. My town uses instant on KA and pop radar.. so it's really hard to tell when a cop is near.. rendering the radar detector almost useless.

    However here, it seems like they dont even have instant on, and cops ALWAYS drive around with constant x band on full blast. I have yet to pass a single cop either driving or on the side of the road with their radar off.

    I think I am going to move here 8)


    do different areas really differ that much with radar? I thought there was much more of a consistancy within states.

  2. #2
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Interesting radar observation

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfx
    I live in central NJ, by princeton and i've noticed something really interesting. well it's probably not interesting to you guys but it is to be at least


    I've just become a freshman college student, and my college is right by atlantic city..

    The police activity is SOOO much different. My town uses instant on KA and pop radar.. so it's really hard to tell when a cop is near.. rendering the radar detector almost useless.

    However here, it seems like they dont even have instant on, and cops ALWAYS drive around with constant x band on full blast. I have yet to pass a single cop either driving or on the side of the road with their radar off.

    I think I am going to move here 8)


    do different areas really differ that much with radar? I thought there was much more of a consistancy within states.

    yes it does Ohio State Boys swear by the laser (ultralight).The town cops were im at use instant ka and just plan ka.

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    they can use instant on X-band it's a wonder why they don't

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ft Worth Texas
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Interesting radar observation

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfx

    do different areas really differ that much with radar? I thought there was much more of a consistancy within states.
    Heck yeah they do, depends on how much the city etc can spend on equiptment, how much training they can handle. All cities differ.

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    That would be nice. Constant x band only.. My area is sort of like that but with k band. They local sherrifs have a few ghost cars(unmarked) and use ka band. The sherrif units that have ka band uses it with instant on techneque.Theres a few sneeky bastards out there. Hide behind local banks and use k band. (Hide by the bank to cover up there radar. That just seperates the MEN from the boys. Expert mode is a must.

  6. #6
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On top of the mountain
    Posts
    266

    Default What about different regions of the country?

    I notice that many of the members here are from the northeast. Do you find that there are a lot more radar detectors in the Eastern US compared to the West (not including California)? Or is this too broad of a generalization?

    I live in Utah. Since getting my V1, I look for detectors in other cars in town and on the interstate. I almost NEVER see one. Similarly, the local Sheriff's deputies drive around all the time with full blast, constant-on K band. The Utah Highway Patrol seems a bit more sophisticated, but you can often spot them a long way off.

    So, do more radar detectors bring about more skilled use of radar by the cops, or do more cops with radar/laser prompt people to buy radar detectors? I only ask because I read about all the sneaky speedtraps in other people's posts and I never see them where I live. Maybe there are relatively few detectors so the cops don't need to be sneaky?

    Maybe I should just shut up and enjoy the V1! 8)

  7. #7
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: What about different regions of the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by trazadone
    I notice that many of the members here are from the northeast. Do you find that there are a lot more radar detectors in the Eastern US compared to the West (not including California)? Or is this too broad of a generalization?
    thats a 10 4 there since MOST of the radar detector companys are from Cincinnati.

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: What about different regions of the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by trazadone
    I notice that many of the members here are from the northeast. Do you find that there are a lot more radar detectors in the Eastern US compared to the West (not including California)? Or is this too broad of a generalization?

    So, do more radar detectors bring about more skilled use of radar by the cops, or do more cops with radar/laser prompt people to buy radar detectors? I only ask because I read about all the sneaky speedtraps in other people's posts and I never see them where I live. Maybe there are relatively few detectors so the cops don't need to be sneaky?
    I think you are correct, I live in California, but was in New Jersey for four months in 1991. I was astonished at the number of people with radar detectors, but after I got popped by a Jersey cop and bought my first radar detector, I realized why. They use radar extensively on the east coast. People buy RDs as a defense. So the cops get more sophisticated with its use, mainly by virtue of the instant-on technique.

    Here in CA, the highway patrol wasn't even allowed to use radar until a few years ago, most cops didn't have the type that would work while their car was moving and, even today, I believe the instant on technique is used less than it is used on the east coast.

    Just my observations . . .

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I live next to you (hamilton twp). The local police in lawrenceville use K band. State police in northern parts of Parkway and NJ Turnpike use Lidar. All southern NJ state police use X band. Rt. 195 only uses X band.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joop1987
    I live next to you (hamilton twp). The local police in lawrenceville use K band. State police in northern parts of Parkway and NJ Turnpike use Lidar. All southern NJ state police use X band. Rt. 195 only uses X band.
    Joop, where have you been? You haven't posted in a long time.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting observation with shift link X-50 ZR-3
    By SonicGhost in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 12:37 AM
  2. interesting observation with v995...
    By Mackid343 in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •