Newcomer

Default What does this mean on a ticket?

On a speeding ticket the LEO wrote; S/B - Verified by radar.

What does the S/B stand for?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: What does this mean on a ticket?

maybe south bound

Lead Foot

Means you need a better radar detector. May I suggest a V1?

Newcomer

OK, I was going south bound.

I haven't got a speeding ticket in 29 years without a RD. (I commonly drive double+ the PSL) He surprised me around a blind curve.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik View Post
    OK, I was going south bound.

I haven't got a speeding ticket in 29 years without a RD. (I commonly drive double+ the PSL) He surprised me around a blind curve.
    Isn't this your 2nd ticket? and the 1st one you didn't have a RD? what RD do you have?

I just got a ticket today and don't want it to happen again. I really don't want to learn all about detectors, just buy one that works and never have to worry about getting a ticket again.
    Last edited by CJR238; 10-01-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Newcomer

The second quote your referring too (my first post) is the same ticket, first one in 29 years. I wrote the check today for the ticket and was reading the ticket closely and was wondering what S/B meant. I've only had an RD for about 2 weeks and got it after this ticket. I thought a RD may be worth it because the only two streets to get into town have periodic speed traps (I'm new to this area). I have the Bel 940 that I have wired to transfer between both motorcycle and car.

BTW; In reference to the second quote, I have been learning allot about RD's, jammers, etc.

Banned

The second quote your referring too (my first post) is the same ticket, first one in 29 years. I wrote the check today for the ticket and was reading the ticket closely and was wondering what S/B meant. I've only had an RD for about 2 weeks and got it after this ticket. I thought a RD may be worth it because the only two streets to get into town have periodic speed traps (I'm new to this area). I have the Bel 940 that I have wired to transfer between both motorcycle and car.

BTW; In reference to the second quote, I have been learning allot about RD's, jammers, etc.
    I'm guessing the LEO, I/O you. kind of sucks when you buy a new toy for a specific purpose and you have that one scenario it wont work well in.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    I'm guessing the LEO, I/O you. kind of sucks when you buy a new toy for a specific purpose and you have that one scenario it wont work well in.
    I think he means he got a RD after he got the ticket.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    I think he means he got a RD after he got the ticket.
    Correct

I got two speeding tickets within a week when I first got my license (motorcycle) and the judge threatened to throw me in jail. This heighten my awareness for spotting LEO's.
    Last edited by Mavrik; 10-01-2008 at 11:30 AM.