Lead Foot

Default GOL--is there a value for the common detection distance?

...namely the distances to the Cobra XRS9700 for each measurement. Even an estimate may prove useful in terms of placing the deltas in everyday context as well as estimating magnitude of measurement uncertainty.
    Thank you
    Bill

Advanced Member

It was roughly 400-500 feet from the radar to the Cobra. We don't have the exact feet for each one, because of the hill. But we did work this out for K-band: I assisted certified LEO #1 and we measured over the hill to the Cobra with multiple laser shots. It was about 478 feet.

Jim

Lead Foot

Thanks Jim,

You guys did excellent work here. Clearly, BEL's claims about offshore products are verified in this work, Belscort designs compare quite favorably with the V1 as well.

Bill

Longsnowsm

I don't follow the Belscort products that closely... What is the offshore products reference regarding?

Looks to me that if you own a Cobra you might as well have the LEO hold up a sign that says your being clocked... That is really sad.

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I don't follow the Belscort products that closely... What is the offshore products reference regarding?

Looks to me that if you own a Cobra you might as well have the LEO hold up a sign that says your being clocked... That is really sad.

Longsnowsm
    They often refer to how they compare to foreign detectors, which I assume refers to units made by companies like Attowave. I believe PNI and other companies use them.

As for the Cobra results, that is pretty disappointing. Lesson learned, I guess.