Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default LIDAR on Mythbusters

Anyone watching this right now? They're trying to stealth out an RC car against LIDAR. They shoulda put a Lidatek and Veil on it :P

Newcomer

Saw it and made a DiVX video of it. I'm upping this to my remote gbit server if anyone is interested in downloading that is a MEMBER HERE ONLY. You can PM me and I'll reply with the link to download. I wont post it here because I dont want freeloaders raping my server. PM me but I'll be watching the logs so dont think about putting the links on another forum.

Radar Fanatic

watched it, nothing worked right?

Newcomer

You need the DiVX codec http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

Experienced

Its really stupid the way they test it.

Infrared is used in todays devices because it is very specific and sensitive. If the cops use 904 nm rays and they have the mythbusters shoot back with 940 or 820 or what ever they used, there will be no jamming.

I am kind of happy that they said jamming does not work though... It gives us the advantage over ignorant cops

Newcomer

Yeah it was kind of a waste of things they did.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by YZFR1
    Yeah it was kind of a waste of things they did.
    Well, remember the show is called Mythbusters. They did not say that radar and laser cannot be jammed. They simply tested some mythical options for jamming.... clearly any old LED stuck on the car won't do it... but that is the myth they tested.

Also the various anti-laser methods were all myths... they didn't say radar is not able to be jammed.

Professional

As technically inclined as Adam and Jamie are, there's no doubt in my mind that they are not only fully aware that radar and LIDAR can be jammed, but I'd be willing to bet that one or both of them have jammers in their cars. As has been mentioned, they weren't out to prove that radar and LIDAR are impossible to jam--just that you can't screw up the readings by doing stupid things like hanging a disco ball from your mirror or covering your car in tin foil. Of course they're not going to go out there and test radar and LIDAR jammers. For one, they're illegal to even posess in California, and two, the police would have flipped out and gone to work on beating them when they saw that the LIDAR jammers worked.

Unless, of course, they had tested a Rocky Mountain Radar jammer. That would have been cool.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Unless, of course, they had tested a Rocky Mountain Radar jammer. That would have been cool.
    That's what I was about to say... If they wanted to make themselves useful, they'd expose the lie that is RMR.

Scratonicity Groupie

after watching this show i'm still pissed at everything I saw. using a freakin minicar 4 feet away come on.

I was starting to think the CHPS used the stalker lz1 however I've scene them use that gun in other shows to mark distance so I think that's there gun.