Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default is this the gun....

Videos | NewsChannel 8

is this the gun which is supposed to be very hard to detect?

Good Citizen

Default Re: is this the gun....

I like how they say if you speed you will be pulled over....well not if you have good countermeasures and know not to speed where the police are

Speedtrap Crasher

Looks like they were shooting in a construction area. Was that a Stalker 2 handheld radar????
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Newcomer

Looks to be a Stalker II when I stopped the video which should shoot at 34.7.

Professional

it says stalker II. is this the new gun that came out and hard to detect as per some pros...

they usually sit on the bridges and shoot down and once got busted 6 years ago for 80 in 60. i was a rd newbie then...

Speedtrap Crasher

Ka 34.7 should be as easy to detect. This model doesn't have a moving mode but it does have a strongest/fastest mode. Still I find it hard to panic about handhelds, over in car units.
    Pro97 Police Scanner

Yoda of Radar

That's my nemisis, the Stalker II. It is very low powered and super hard to detect! My V1 missed an I/O shot by it from only about 3 blocks away. In this video, he's pointing it directly at me or at the car in the opposite lane right next to me at about 0:45 of the video. Either way, you can hear that neither of my RDs are not pegged as they always do when my locals use the Stalker ATR. That radar gun is no joke!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkP8XL0fOY8"]YouTube - Stalker Instant On, 9500ci alerts to 1st shot, V1 misses it[/ame]

Speedtrap Crasher

A low power gun will be harder to detect but it should be harder to read smaller cars.
    Pro97 Police Scanner

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    That's my nemisis, the Stalker II. It is very low powered and super hard to detect! My V1 missed an I/O shot by it from only about 3 blocks away. In this video, he's pointing it directly at me or at the car in the opposite lane right next to me at about 0:45 of the video. Either way, you can hear that neither of my RDs are not pegged as they always do when my locals use the Stalker ATR. That radar gun is no joke!

YouTube - Stalker Instant On, 9500ci alerts to 1st shot, V1 misses it
    DJ I hate to disagree with you on this, the V1 did not miss the alert. I believe it was out of the range for the V1 to detect it. Clearly we know the ci is more sensitive and has better range. This video shows the Ci's better range. When you started to accelerate after the intial I/O hit they both alerted.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    DJ I hate to disagree with you on this, the V1 did not miss the alert. I believe it was out of the range for the V1 to detect it. Clearly we know the ci is more sensitive and has better range. This video shows the Ci's better range. When you started to accelerate after the intial I/O hit they both alerted.
    Right. The V1 missed the alert due it being slightly less sensitive. The radar was in the air to be detected, as the 9500ci proved by detecting it.