Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default DFW People don't get stung!!! YEP it's here

About a month ago or more I talked to a Plano Police officer who told me that they were geting MPH units but they were not getting the pop guns because the LT's or Captains didn't like them. Well I don't know what happend to that.

Today I passed a chilis and saw 4 squads sitting there. I looked into on of the Sergants cars wich is a suburban and I knew right off that bat what I was looking at. So, I stopped right in the middle of the road and walked over there and looked on the dash.

OH GOD PLEASE HELP US!!!! IT'S A BEE III. Well actually I think a few cuss words came out. That is the last thing I wan't to see here. But beware if you drive in Plano it is there somewhere. Not sure how many are qoing to be equipted with it but you can tell what it is just by looking at the antenna it is very small.

OUTRUN

Longsnowsm

Ouch, Doesn't sound good. I suspected based on the results of the GOL tests that this really isn't hard to use and will spread in acceptance. Until it is court challenged on the grounds it is inaccurate I suspect this only gets worse from here. Sorry to hear it is in your area.

Our local PD also has a new toy that I am unsure what it is. It is a quick blip, single bar, Ka, very low power. Not sure what it is, but it isn't pretty. Based on a couple of encounters with this gun I turned up the V1 Ka alarms so that I might have a chance to get on the brakes.

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

Ehh, not so bad. I honestly wouldn't mind a few more BEE IIIs in the area, so long as it doesn't spill over to Z-series guns, too. I say let 'em spray POP thinking they are invisible so that we can pick it up and hit the slow pedal with time to spare. According to the GOL test it's no big deal, especially if you have a V1 or a RX65, and I'll bet the X50 is perfectly adequate in practice, too.

Power User

I just hate something that I can't jam.

Longsnowsm

I hope they are stupid enough to just spray it all over the place... If they get as frugal with POP as they have with instant on it could get ugly quick. :shock:

Longsnowsm

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I hope they are stupid enough to just spray it all over the place... If they get as frugal with POP as they have with instant on it could get ugly quick. :shock:

Longsnowsm
    What is funny about this is over the past few weeks every once in a while I would get a short burst of Ka. I never got that on my x-50 cause pop mode was turned off. I didn't even know they had em. Well now that just might explain why I have been seeing these short burst of ka.

OUTRUN

Old Timer

I used to get short bursts of KA with my v1 all the time. Usually there was a detector lurking around.

Power User

When I was in Ohio we were in Amhurst and they had the bee in one of there cars to. I can't wait to get them using it on video. Even though we did it in Ohio just to get the real world deal.

OUTRUN

Professional

Whenever I go to PLano PoP is going back on.

Professional

thanks outrun for that info.I am pretty sure they have more around texas
    state for sure!here in tulsa they got 1 beeIII unit that i know off but i AM sure they will get more units in soon :shock: the Stalker DSR units rule here though :wink:

carlito