Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bel vector 940

Default bel vector 940

just bought one any info?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: bel vector 940

Lots of info on that model. Just use search, you will probably find you should have purchased the 955. You can auto mute X with the 955. But for the money, the 940 is one of the best. Best of luck to you with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlaudioman18 View Post
    just bought one any info?
    Just bought one myself. It came in Saturday. I've only taken it on the road three times since I mounted it. It picked up a local cop using CO Ka band two of the three times i got on the road before I could even see him.

Very pleased so far!

However, I did notice that in front of a CVS there is a false K band reading as well as in front of a local hardware store. It stayed at a level 1 the whole time though. I drove right in front of Wal-mart as its first interference test and it didn't pick up a single thing. So all in all you will have a little interference with automatic doors. Not nearly as bad as my Cobra I had last year.

thanks yea i thought it was a good deal for $75...the only thing is that i didnt get a mounting bracket with it so i think i might just velcro it to the dash

keep the info coming

Experienced

thanks yea i thought it was a good deal for $75...the only thing is that i didnt get a mounting bracket with it so i think i might just velcro it to the dash

keep the info coming
    you can get a mounting bracket from bel for like $5

keep the info coming
    Wow! I'm assuming you bought it second hand. I just bought two from walmart at $150 a peice.

I have a couple friends in law enforcement and I'm going to see if they'll agree to help me test out the laser capabilities of this radar detector. I want to see how much I can slow down between the radar sounding a laser alert and the policeman actually locking on to a speed.

yea second hand but in good shape there is alot of good stuff at caraudio.com/forum if anyone needs anything car wise!

Power User
    Last edited by <<JAZZY>>; 01-25-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Radar Fanatic

V940 was one of my 1st detectors. I have an old style one maybe 8-10 years old and I still use it as a back up and in my work van. I dont think it falses too bad. Maybee I just got used to it. It doesnt have all the nice extra features of the higher $ RD's but it will get the job done. It has proven itself to be a very reliable unit that has more saves on it than I can count. Sensitivity is almost as good as my X50.
    You can still buy parts for it cheap on the Belttech site. I just got a new windsheild mount and a 8' straight cord to steathmount it in the van for less than $30.00
    If you just want a visor mount I may have a spare.

Dang! the 940 did much better than the 995 and 955! Especially on the instant on tests!