Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Now I know how I've outbraked I/O.

Last edited by tosi; 02-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Now I know how I've outbraked I/O.

I would say that the delay in that video has to do with difference in elevation. The Stalker should be extremely fast in prime conditions.

Speed Demon

yea my golden eagle was much faster than that; you'd have to be ready for an attack with a very fast detector to outbrake io

/edit: or have some atmospheric variables on your side

Speedtrap Crasher

jsb08vette's vids are awesome. I really like his casual approach to documenting the Stalkers performance. Not unbiased but entertaining and informative. Good stuff!
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

"How does it know if you're in the city or on the highway?"

^^ Priceless.

Power User

I/O instant readings are pretty much the same with all new radar systems. NO ONE can outbrake I/O when done properly. What you don't see in the video is how far the target vehicles were. You can outbrake I/O only when you are not in the radar beams zone. This is where the radar detector has an edge. But when radar units are used by seasoned LEO's and you were the target vehicle, there is no way to outbrake I/O.

Power User

Does I/O require the officer to visually identify a car that he believes is over the PSL before emitting a signal?

Just wondering if someone could give me a run-down on the procedures. I have been running into a LOT of I/O in Ga. lately.

If I/O is as good as I've seen then why worry with laser ( Which is actually IR from what I can gather)?

Thanks.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    Does I/O require the officer to visually identify a car that he believes is over the PSL before emitting a signal?
    Yes. Without proper ID, you got no one to stop.

Just wondering if someone could give me a run-down on the procedures. I have been running into a LOT of I/O in Ga. lately.
    Basic use of radar is as follows. 1. Have good ID of target vehicle that you are tracking(tracking history) and visual speed estimate. 2. Listen to audio tone. Pitch of audio tones can tell if target vehicle is over PSL. You can easily reject lower speed tones without looking at the target speed window of the radar unit. This will save time. 3. Confirm procedures 1 and 2 by looking at the target window speed. This is the last thing LEO's will do when in stationary mode. In moving move, LEO's will still follow procedures 1 to 3 and add procedure 4 by comparing patrol speed in radar unit and speedometer speed to make sure there are no errors. Discrepancy between patrol speed and speedometer speed is automatically rejected. Meaning, speed captured by radar is not valid.

LEO's are not required to lock your speed or have to show you your speed with their onboard radar unit.

If I/O is as good as I've seen then why worry with laser
    Because laser is a different speed measuring device and is more precise and selective.
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 02-03-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Radar Fanatic

i've never 'outbraked' io before. as far as i know it is impossible but i have 'outbraked' lidar once. talk about lucky!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    i've never 'outbraked' io before. as far as i know it is impossible but i have 'outbraked' lidar once. talk about lucky!
    It can be done if the operator is sloppy. I have seen cases where my V1 kept alerting a few (up to 5) seconds after I switched off my LPP in the past so if you are lucky enough, you could get away.

These instances were rare enough though . The LEO was going for the world record or trying to compete with his fellow officer or something I'd say lol .