Thread: whats up?

Experienced

Default whats up?

there something going on lately cause i'm seeing way more leo's out than normal, and are pulling over anyone they can. first time i have seen a multiple leo speed trap on one of our main hwys the other night. maybe someone can fill me in or its just in my head

Lead Foot

Default Re: whats up?

Not in your head my friend. Here in Lubbock and also my hometown in Dallas, the police force has at least increased 5 fold, if not even more than that. They are catching speeders and pulling people for anything possible. I can easily go out for a half mile trip and run into 5 LEO's driving/have someone pulled over.

I'm not sure what is up because it seems to be happening everywhere. Not sure if it has anything to do with Obama? It started right after he started as president. Maybe just coincidence or something.

Lead Foot

Actually the blame goes to the Bush Administration not Obama. After years of of the Bush Administration pushing Federal programs down to the state and local level without providing any funding to pay for them combined with the collapse in the real estate market, which has lowered property values and thereby tax revenues local governments are broke and hurting. They are looking to ticket fines as a revenue source. It's nothing more than an indiscriminate tax on the backs of drivers. But neither Bush or Obama could order more local cops on the road as that lies within the domain of local government under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. It's a matter of economics and searching for quick sources of revenue and nothing more.
    Last edited by Jon_Doh; 02-08-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    Actually the blame goes to the Bush Administration not Obama. After years of of the Bush Administration pushing Federal programs down to the state and local level without providing any funding to pay for them combined with the collapse in the real estate market, which has lowered property values and thereby tax revenues local governments are broke and hurting. They are looking to ticket fines as a revenue source. It's nothing more than an indiscriminate tax on the backs of drivers. But neither Bush or Obama could order more local cops on the road as that lies within the domain of local government under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. It's a matter of economics and searching for quick sources of revenue and nothing more.
    true, my mayor is even talking to cops on why the tickets have decreased on a year-year basis and wants to ramp up issuing more tickets.

Experienced

well guys... looks like our rabbits with cobra's will be getting tagged a lot more then. let the games continue

Professional

I've noticed the same trend over the past few months in VA as well. They've got to make up for that budget shortfall somehow................

Yoda of Radar

New budget year. STEP grants were just renewed.

You guys and your black helicopter theories.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Ive also seen this in san antonio and in austin, and its always the same officer issuing citations!

Lead Foot

Not here. I have done a ton of highway driving through mostly North and West AL and hardly any speed traps. Since December, my V1 has only generated one LEO save on the interstate. Most of the time my interaction is just encounters in the city.