Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Desperate Housetroopers --road report

Just got back from long road trip. This x50 performed quite well. Got a heads up on K and Ka several times. Once at 3.5 miles in western Kansas. There were 5 "maggots" crawling on both sides of the interstate. They're soooooooooo pathetic..soooooooooo bored. I wished they'd all go get a real life and quit hassling "innocent speeders" :wink:

So here's where the Desperate Housetroopers plays into the story. I swear these jokers will stop at nothing to collect speed tax.

I was headed east from Alamosa to Walsenberg. About a mile up the road I could see flashing lights...it was obviously Dudley Dooright. As I got closer he had some poor bastard stopped. What was amazing is his patrol vehicle. IT LOOKED LIKE AN AMBULANCE!!! No sh!t...the vehicle this Colorado Trooper was in was a huge truck looking thing. My 25 year old son rolled laughing and said "Geez I guess they've resorted to driving undercover ice cream trucks!".

I couldn't believe it. I guess it was some sort of pattie wagon...maybe a weight and scale enforcement truck...hell who knows. It certainly didn't look like any patrol unit I've seen before....and I've seen 'em all (Camaros, F150s, F250 4x4's, and even mini-vans).

I won't be surprised to see the desparate housetroopers sneaking around in friggin dump trucks hoping to nail unsuspecting speeders.

Last year in Texas on I-20 I was headed west outta Weatherford when I started getting a Ka alert. Over a 2 mile period it went from a single brap to constant full alert. I thought it must be an offending piece of junk RMR or something. I was just about to speed up and go on when my wife said "Check it out!". As we passed a 2000 gold Chrysler Sebring (I swear it looked like something my Grandma would drive) there was stinkin' DPS trooper behind the wheel with a RADAR antenna mounted on the dash.

I'm tellin' ya...these Troopers are bored and desperate to resort to patrolling from ice cream trucks and unmarked "granny" cars to hide from plainview. There ought to be a law against it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Good Citizen

One more thing.

Twice today I got full alert Ka band falses from POS offending detectors. When I finally figured out what was happening and passed the car in front of me that was creating the false....the alert subsided and in both cases this is what I saw stuck to their windshields........

WHAT A POS!

Yoda of Radar

How can people buy that?

Good Citizen

Dude some people will eat sh!t if ya market it right and sprinkle it with sugar.

Good Citizen

Here's another funny. I was headed east on I-70 toward Salina...about 15 miles west of Fort Hayes. I was driving about 88 mph (my standard) passing a few cars. I had just passed a red mini-van that had a Cobra or Whistler stuck on his windshield.

My x50 brap a couple times on Ka and I pumped the brake down to about 80. I brapped 2 or 3 more times and I came on down to 74 mph (speed limit there is 70) and set my cruise.

The van I just passed acted a little perturbed and went back around me. He kinda pointed at his detector ...frowned and shrugged...as he passed me back. I thought "Poor Bastard....he's gonna get it." We drove about 1 mile farther and the van was about 2 car lengths in front of me by then.

My son said "There he is 12 o'clock". About 1/4 to a 1/2 mile in the oncoming lane was a Kansas Trooper shooting people with instant burst of Ka. Just as son one said that the mini-van brake lights light up! I was doing about 74 or 73 I guees the van was doing 76. The trooper never looked twice....probably giving people 5-6 over.

But it was obvious that guys $100 RD was about as effective as a block of wood.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by RadarWarrior
    Dude some people will eat sh!t if ya market it right and sprinkle it with sugar.
    SUGAR!?

Yoda of Radar

Would you be interested in a free Salzco UberPOWER Energy Bar (chocolate flavor)?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by RadarWarrior
    Here's another funny. I was headed east on I-70 toward Salina...about 15 miles west of Fort Hayes. I was driving about 88 mph (my standard) passing a few cars. I had just passed a red mini-van that had a Cobra or Whistler stuck on his windshield.

My x50 brap a couple times on Ka and I pumped the brake down to about 80. I brapped 2 or 3 more times and I came on down to 74 mph (speed limit there is 70) and set my cruise.

The van I just passed acted a little perturbed and went back around me. He kinda pointed at his detector ...frowned and shrugged...as he passed me back. I thought "Poor Bastard....he's gonna get it." We drove about 1 mile farther and the van was about 2 car lengths in front of me by then.

My son said "There he is 12 o'clock". About 1/4 to a 1/2 mile in the oncoming lane was a Kansas Trooper shooting people with instant burst of Ka. Just as son one said that the mini-van brake lights light up! I was doing about 74 or 73 I guees the van was doing 76. The trooper never looked twice....probably giving people 5-6 over.

But it was obvious that guys $100 RD was about as effective as a block of wood.
    Uh oh... I'm driving with a $30 RD...

88mi/h exactly? :shock:

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Would you be interested in a free Salzco UberPOWER Energy Bar (chocolate flavor)?
    & this is how we get off track

Good Citizen

SUGAR!?
    Good point.