Default South Forida Radar.?

Just bought a Cobra XRS 9700......I know its not the best but almost got it for nothing....anyhow what bands do they use down here in florida....do I need to turn off a few also do they use the safely alerts down here
    TIA
    Please help

Administrator

Default SMS

This is from my site:

SWS - Safety Warning System
    Radar Roy calls it the SMS for show me a system! Innovative Technology Systems ( www.innovative-tech.com ) was formed to develop the Safety Warning Systems that were supposed to form part of the National Highway System. The idea was to have transmitters located on the highways that would transmit warning messages to approaching vehicles. The idea was brilliant, the follow through poor. Radar Roy knows of no police department or Highway Department that has ever purchased one of these transmitters. If you go to the company's website, the last update was made in October 2001. Someday this technology may be available, but for now don't let it influence your buying decision.

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...ectorfeatures0
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Default Re: SMS

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    This is from my site:

SWS - Safety Warning System
    Radar Roy calls it the SMS for show me a system! Innovative Technology Systems ( www.innovative-tech.com ) was formed to develop the Safety Warning Systems that were supposed to form part of the National Highway System. The idea was to have transmitters located on the highways that would transmit warning messages to approaching vehicles. The idea was brilliant, the follow through poor. Radar Roy knows of no police department or Highway Department that has ever purchased one of these transmitters. If you go to the company's website, the last update was made in October 2001. Someday this technology may be available, but for now don't let it influence your buying decision.

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...ectorfeatures0
    Thanks RR........what about the different bands...do you know what bands they use in Florida.
    VG-2, X, K, Ka...etc

Newcomer

I've seen K & Ka in Pensacola.

Professional

There's a comprehensive list in the Speed Trap Info forum.

http://www.radardetector.net/List-of...e-U.S-589t.php

Florida uses Laser, Ka, K, airborn VASCAR, and POP.

Some local departments down there may still use X, but most local departments are so heavy into speed traps that they've probably purchased far better equipment by now.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Some local departments down there may still use X
    They shouldn't still be using X band, if they want it to hold up in court.

15B-2.0081 Interim Minimum Design Criteria for Radar Units.
    Specific Authority 316.1906 FS.
    Law Implemented 316.1906 FS.
    History—New 7-12-82m Formerly 15B-2.081, Amended 1-1-90, Repealed 10-18-94.
    15B-2.0082 Minimum Design Criteria for Radar Units.
    (1) Radar speed measuring devices shall meet the design criteria as set forth in Chapter 3, Subpart A (s.
    1221.1 – 1221.4) and Subpart (s. 1221.11 – 1221.24) of the National Highway Traffic Safety
    Administration Technical Report, January 1994, D. O. T. HS 808-69, entitled, “Model Minimum
    Performance Specifications for Police Traffic Radar Devices,” which is incorporated by reference.
    Copies of this material may be obtained by contacting the Department of Highway Safety and Motor
    Vehicles (DHSMV), Division of Florida Highway Patrol, Telecommunications Administrator, Neil
    Kirkman Building, Tallahassee, Florida 32099-0500, or the National Technical Information Service,
    Springfield, Virginia 22161.
    (2) All radar units used in this State on or after January 1, 1995 shall be designed to operate in the
    following frequency ranges as assigned by the Federal Communications Commission for operation of
    Doppler radar radio-location units.
    24.050 – 24.250 GHz (K-Band) (Common
    33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka – Band) Referrals)

The radar must have a Doppler audio operating in the range 300 Hz to 4.0 KHz.

Thanks for all the information............