Good Citizen

Default What does this mean... two bars of Ka

Several times on this latest trip I encountered troopers that "zapped" me and my display showed two (2) sources of Ka. Is this indication of multi-target tracking type radar? I'm using the expert mode on my x50 that indicates multiple threats.

I was headed east from Limon, CO at ...yep 88 mph. About 3-4 miles out of Burlington I came over a rise and about 1/2 mile ahead in the same lane I could see the profile of a white crown vic. I figured it was Smokey and started slowing down. I kept approaching him at 79-80. When I was within 1/4 mile I had it down to 77 or 76 (the limit out there is 75 mph). I still couldn't postively ID the car. But about 3 seconds later BAM!!! A burst of Ka ...full alert on my x50. The display showed two sources...full meter. We were in the middle of nowhere so I know both sources were coming from Officer Oinkus P. Jackson.

I'm not savy enough about Ka. Is there a reason for seeing two sources from one cop? I saw this same display in Kansas the week before headed west on I-70 from a Kansas trooper.

Lead Foot

Warrior, what was the weather like? Did you happen to see heatwaves off the pavement?

Default Re: What does this mean... two bars of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by RadarWarrior
    Several times on this latest trip I encountered troopers that "zapped" me and my display showed two (2) sources of Ka. Is this indication of multi-target tracking type radar? I'm using the expert mode on my x50 that indicates multiple threats.

I was headed east from Limon, CO at ...yep 88 mph. About 3-4 miles out of Burlington I came over a rise and about 1/2 mile ahead in the same lane I could see the profile of a white crown vic. I figured it was Smokey and started slowing down. I kept approaching him at 79-80. When I was within 1/4 mile I had it down to 77 or 76 (the limit out there is 75 mph). I still couldn't postively ID the car. But about 3 seconds later BAM!!! A burst of Ka ...full alert on my x50. The display showed two sources...full meter. We were in the middle of nowhere so I know both sources were coming from Officer Oinkus P. Jackson.

I'm not savy enough about Ka. Is there a reason for seeing two sources from one cop? I saw this same display in Kansas the week before headed west on I-70 from a Kansas trooper.

try using "tech display" instead of expert mode and note the frequencies you get... :wink:

Power User

The cop could have had front and rear Antennas and activated both of them. My X50 shows 2 signals when they have front and rear antenna turned on.