Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a While!

Experienced

Default Been a While!

Hey guys, havent been here in a while and I feel that Im so far behind whats going on in the RD world that Im going to have to take a crash course.... I have a quick question for you guys. My girlfriends dad just got a new car, and I told him to get rid of his cobra that hes used for so long because its just going to end up getting him in trouble. He wants a new one, with a budget of about $300.

I was thinking:
    X50
    XTR-690/695
    Pro-78 revC
    V955/995

Anything else? I need to do some more research, but if Ive missed anything, or you guys have personal experience using these units let me know how they've worked for you..
    Last edited by TRDdave; 03-13-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Been a While!

I would personally go with the X50 or the V955.

The X50 would be my first choice based on the fact its the only one that will truly show multiple threats and their relative strengths to one another via the EXP meter.

With that said: Any of those units should serve him well, much better then his Cobra, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Experienced

is there anything else im forgetting?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    I would personally go with the X50 or the V955.

The X50 would be my first choice based on the fact its the only one that will truly show multiple threats and their relative strengths to one another via the EXP meter.

With that said: Any of those units should serve him well, much better then his Cobra, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
    X2

Old Timer

V955, and start saving for a jammer? Is that an option? He lives in Orlando, or elsewhere?

Experienced

Hey Elvato! He live in south florida and drives to miami a lot. I've told him about the jammer, but because he hasnt encounted it that often, its hard to justify spending that much money on something that seems trivial.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TRDdave View Post
    Hey Elvato! He live in south florida and drives to miami a lot. I've told him about the jammer, but because he hasnt encounted it that often, its hard to justify spending that much money on something that seems trivial.
    When you add in the insurance rate increase, a budget laser jammer pays for itself in one encounter.

Welcome back TRDdave! Early parole, huh?

Radar Fanatic

Can't go wrong with the X50. Jammers are not in his budget. Better start saving for them from what I read about where you are driving.

Scratonicity Groupie

Welcome back man, for 300 dollars I'd just have them wait until they could pick up a 9500ix. Old people don't like noise, and I think your dad would appreciate the quiet ride.