Hi everyone. I know that I should have posted this in the scanners section but I am kind of in a rush to get this information. So as long as this doesn't violate the rules TOO much, can you just leave it here? Also, I posted the same thing on the RadioReference forums but there is a thing where the first 3 posts get moderated by admins and it hasn't gone up yet. Thanks! Anyway...
Ever since I got into this little RD hobby I've been longing for a scanner. I think I've finally decided on the scanner I want, I just have a few questions before I go and drop $450 on the bad boy. I am looking to buy a Radio Shack Pro-106 with an 800Mhz antenna. I am located in Collier County, FL. Here is the radio reference page:
Radio Reference: Collier County, FL
Here are my questions:
1) What is the general performance of the Pro-106 compared to a similar Uniden?
2) Will my scanner interfere with my V1?(vice-versa) (I know it's illegal to operate them in the car but whatever)
3) From looking at my county sheet at radioreference...will the 800Mhz be necessary?
4) Is my county even using 800Mhz?
5) I was also looking at the not as good Pro-164. Which one would fit my county usage best? I want the best reception, signal, and sound.
I really appreciate the help! I would wait for it to get posted on the radioreference forums, but I need this info ASAP. Again, please don't move this to the scanner forum...i would really appreciate it!