Good Citizen

Default Do GPS units cause problems with detectors and laser jammers

I'm looking at picking up a complete setup for my new car, a Bel RX65 detector, Blinder M40 laser jammer, VEIL, and probably a Garmin Streetpilot c330 portable in-car GPS unit. I do a ton of driving around Michigan and Ohio, so I'm looking forward to having a good GPS unit. But in addition, I'd like to save myself a half hour or so on my 200, 300, etc.. mile trips (when it's safe to go faster than the ridiculous 65 or 70 "maximum" speed limit in some places) and not worry about cops too much during the day (I don't speed at night, can't ever see them till it's too late).

I'm looking at dumping around two grand for the whole setup and install, so I want to make sure that it's going to work properly together. I've pretty much already verified the setup will work fine without the GPS, but I just recently decided to go with the GPS unit also.

Will a GPS unit cause any problems at all in the sensitivity, false alarms, reaction time, etc..? I'm pretty sure GPS's are all passive units, but then again, so are radar detectors and they give off a signature...

Power User

NO NO and NO, it wont cause any probs, ive been running a few different GPS units in my cars and never had a problem.

Good luck

Professional

I've not noticed any issues with using on of my GPS's in the car along with my V1. I've used a Lowrance, a Garmin, and iPaq Navigation kit GPS. The last one was using Bluetooth to communicate with my iPaq which was running the map display.

Ed

Good Citizen

Excellent, it's off to the internet order form then...

Good Citizen

The GPS doesn't transmit anything; therefore it doesn't cause interference.

Just got a got Magellan Roadmate 760 and my old Bell( can't remember model and it's too late to run out there i80 somethin maybe with a red X in the corner) seems to pick up K band 1-2 bars whenever it and the GPS is plugged in......unplug gps and it goes away....any ideas? (prob need to update the detector)

Power User

a little EMP i think...nothing to worry about...i have 2 gps in mt car, right next to a bel rx65

I'll get the model posted tomorrow. You think an upgraded one would still false?

Power User

nope...liike i said...I have 2 GPS right next to my RX65 and never ehhevts either at anytime

mines a bell 930X (says express) is that bad? Should I upgrade?