Good Citizen

Default rocky mountain radar detectors

its funny that ive only recently noticed all the bad reviews on the rmr units in relation to their failure to scramble anything.a uk distributor started selling these on the net about 18 months ago and displayed them in the uk at the big car and motorbike shows.they managed to sell(con)loads of british motorists out of their money with the jamming claims for these products.i actually bought one too!!(ouch).but lucky or not for me i bought rmr c- 430 from a us dealer direct and instead of paying £400 uk i payed about £140 at the time.its rubbish,nothing is good about it.i had a bel 855i which was years older and still did a better job on spotting gatso's /laser.now im jamming with a snooper 920(blinder m10)and awaiting a bel pro rx65.the rmr unit isnt worth 12 volt current from my cars battery let alone believing,the guy must of made a fortune off these units and i cant believe you lot havent taken him to court for consumer fraud or whatever the term would be.'you cant catch what you cant see'-bs :!:

Advanced Member

Default Re: rocky mountain radar detectors

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    its funny that ive only recently noticed all the bad reviews on the rmr units in relation to their failure to scramble anything.a uk distributor started selling these on the net about 18 months ago and displayed them in the uk at the big car and motorbike shows.they managed to sell(con)loads of british motorists out of their money with the jamming claims for these products.i actually bought one too!!(ouch).but lucky or not for me i bought rmr c- 430 from a us dealer direct and instead of paying £400 uk i payed about £140 at the time.its rubbish,nothing is good about it.i had a bel 855i which was years older and still did a better job on spotting gatso's /laser.now im jamming with a snooper 920(blinder m10)and awaiting a bel pro rx65.the rmr unit isnt worth 12 volt current from my cars battery let alone believing,the guy must of made a fortune off these units and i cant believe you lot havent taken him to court for consumer fraud or whatever the term would be.'you cant catch what you cant see'-bs :!:
    http://www.radarbusters.com/support/jammers/Default.asp

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Once in a while I manage to spot one of those things in somebody's windshield and I just laugh. The dean of admissions where I went to school even had one hard-wired to his big black Mercedes, hardwired on the A-pillar and pointing at least 30 degrees off-center. I can't imagine wasting so much time and money on something so useless, and install it wrong to boot.

Advanced Member

I simply cannot believe anyone would buy anything from RMR.......
    and then publicly admit it...... ops:
    every independent test shows NONE of their products work as claimed!!!!!
    It's all worthless junk...... :P

Professional

I am starting to see more and more people with RMR products down here i am :shock:

Radar Fanatic

In the past couple of weeks there has been an increase in the number of RMR units that I see. That's really just the hard-to-miss "Phazer" boxes, so there are probably more but I can't tell because they look like normal inexpensive detectors. When I see one of those things passing me on the highway I just follow at a couple hundred yards and wait for the instant-on blast/light show.

Advanced Member

"A Fool and his Money are soon parted"

That's what RMR count on, and unfortunately there is an ample supply of "Fools" that keep them in business

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    In the past couple of weeks there has been an increase in the number of RMR units that I see. That's really just the hard-to-miss "Phazer" boxes, so there are probably more but I can't tell because they look like normal inexpensive detectors. When I see one of those things passing me on the highway I just follow at a couple hundred yards and wait for the instant-on blast/light show.
    thats crazy. the ones i see are rmr C-430 units all over the increase is geting big tho.