Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Bell Whistler laser hmmmmm???????

Not to make anybodyís radar detector sound bad but I have notice this and maybe somebody with a whistler laser and radar detector has to. I own a cool pro 73 whistler detector and now my brother and I have bought a Bell Rx 65 we tend to share it. The bell really does stand out in the long range detection for ka k x bands. But time and time again for some really strange reason. When it comes to laser detection the whistler 73 gives me allot more advance warning then bell does. Iím not kidding folks. When approaching a curve on the freeway I got and immediate laser alert before I enter the curve. I hit the brake and there was the cop just as I finished the curve. I took the whistler 73 off the dash and turnaround and try the same thing with the bell 65 on the dash and it didnít go off until almost rounding the corner it left very little reaction time. I figure maybe the whistler caught something or the laser moved. So I turnaround one more time with the whistler on the dash. It went off at the exact same spot before I hit the corner as it did before when I had first had the whistler. This time when passing the cop he looks at me kind of funny so I decided not to push my luck. He finally ended up pulling a red corvette over that was two cars behind me on the far left. The whole time I did this I was in the second lane to the left. Is it possible that the way these two detectors detect laser could be different or what. My brother and I are really mystified on this. If you own the cool pro 73 or the other higher end models of whistler you will know what I'm talking about??????? Donít get me wrong I love the bell rx 65 I use it almost everyday unless my brother is using it. But when we know where gonna have to drive through an area of the freeway with a lot of laser. We have so far preferred to use the pro 73. Can anybody with an upper end whistler relate to this???????

Default Re: Bell Whistler laser hmmmmm???????

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    Not to make anybodyís radar detector sound bad but I have notice this and maybe somebody with a whistler laser and radar detector has to. I own a cool pro 73 whistler detector and now my brother and I have bought a Bell Rx 65 we tend to share it. The bell really does stand out in the long range detection for ka k x bands. But time and time again for some really strange reason. When it comes to laser detection the whistler 73 gives me allot more advance warning then bell does. Iím not kidding folks. When approaching a curve on the freeway I got and immediate laser alert before I enter the curve. I hit the brake and there was the cop just as I finished the curve. I took the whistler 73 off the dash and turnaround and try the same thing with the bell 65 on the dash and it didnít go off until almost rounding the corner it left very little reaction time. I figure maybe the whistler caught something or the laser moved. So I turnaround one more time with the whistler on the dash. It went off at the exact same spot before I hit the corner as it did before when I had first had the whistler. This time when passing the cop he looks at me kind of funny so I decided not to push my luck. He finally ended up pulling a red corvette over that was two cars behind me on the far left. The whole time I did this I was in the second lane to the left. Is it possible that the way these two detectors detect laser could be different or what. My brother and I are really mystified on this. If you own the cool pro 73 or the other higher end models of whistler you will know what I'm talking about??????? Donít get me wrong I love the bell rx 65 I use it almost everyday unless my brother is using it. But when we know where gonna have to drive through an area of the freeway with a lot of laser. We have so far preferred to use the pro 73. Can anybody with an upper end whistler relate to this???????

You sure your talking about Lazer alerts...? Lazer beams aren't known for going around corners ..... :roll:

Advanced Member

Default Re: Bell Whistler laser hmmmmm???????

Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision

You sure your talking about Lazer alerts...? Lazer beams aren't known for going around corners ..... :roll:
    The new super stealth laser can go around corners

From all my reseach i have done on radar and laser detectors the only detector to pick up laser not point at car with detector was the Valentine 1.

When Ku-band gets utilized in the states enjoy spending your money on another detector.

Whistler is a great model i thought about one until i heard about Ku bands.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

More of a reason why one should NOT rely on their radar detectors for Laser. Invest in the Blinder and Veil. They will pay for themsleves 10 times over.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

I'd read that whistler had very good laser sensitivity, guess that's still true.

Experienced

well since we own both a bell rx 65 and a whistler we have been able to test the two detectors quite a bit on laser. We have found in most cases that the whistler does provide quite a bit of warning with laser. I mean not up to a mile but. it provides enough warning that just before you crest that hill or enter the corner you will get a laser alert. i always mount the detector about mid range on the windshield. Enough that it can see through the glass of other vehicles. A field test and a real road test can show results that a field test just cannot show. And in the case of laser this is especially true. I think the best situation was when we were apporaching and overpass and there was and immediate laser alert it lasted about half a second when it lit up the detector we thought maybe it was a false. So we proceed under the overpass going the speed limit and there the guy was off in the median standing with a tripod. I think it was probably a case of it bouncing of a car or a sign and the detector picking it up. time and time again the whistler has save my ass from laser.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    More of a reason why one should NOT rely on their radar detectors for Laser. Invest in the Blinder and Veil. They will pay for themsleves 10 times over.
    I have a reason to believe that when you get hit with lasers you better hope you are going around the speed limit other wise you are royally screwed without jammer and/or VIEL.
    Thats why Laser alert is full, with no build up. I'm hoping POP is not like that

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    well since we own both a bell rx 65 and a whistler we have been able to test the two detectors quite a bit on laser. We have found in most cases that the whistler does provide quite a bit of warning with laser. I mean not up to a mile but. it provides enough warning that just before you crest that hill or enter the corner you will get a laser alert. i always mount the detector about mid range on the windshield. Enough that it can see through the glass of other vehicles. A field test and a real road test can show results that a field test just cannot show. And in the case of laser this is especially true.
    Get me a video of you going around a corner, i sincerely doubt you, all test done on lasers show that it can not read around corners and over hills. laser isn't a radio wave it's a striaght beam of light 18" tops to record speed

All the real world test i have scene with jammers and detectors vechicles are hit on a straight piece of road
    Here is the LRC100 in action: http://videos.onestopwebhosting.com/...ervsLRC100.wmv

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Unforntley I have put allot of my money towards radar detectors and buying a new car. So that leaves very little funds for a cam corder. So it was the difference between eating food from day to day or buying a cam corder so I choose food. Thats primarley why my brother and me split the cost of the RX 65. if and when I do build up enough funds i will be more then happy to video tape me getting a laser alert on the whistler. I just wish somebody else owns a whistler 73 in this forum. Plus crazyVolvorob you dont have to get mad at me. I just merely reporting what I have seen on the real road. I'm not trying to be biased or anything. heck i even partially own the Rx 65 and i love just about everything on it and in it. Also in most cases I have not seen cops use laser on straight stretchs as the beam gets wider the farer it goes out. Also if you account for wobble it will make the beam seem wider. Most of the time i have seen lasers just as you go under overpasses their on the left in the median or around curves etc. Plus not ridding in the far left lane helps to. As thats were the laser is pointing at directly. I always speed in the middle lane and go in and out of the left lane only to quickly pass. I also use veil.

Advanced Member

I'm not angry, I'm not defending the RX65 i'm stating facts about laser that i know. If anything i'm promoting the V1 a detector i don't have

Scanner-RS Pro-96