I looked out my window tonight and saw a campus safety Impala (year 2000 model) in the parking lot. I decided I'd do some research and find out if they really are morons and don't know how to use their guns, or what.
I just took these pics at night, they don't look too bad for what I'm using.
Questions I have:
1. I can pick up Ka band from a parked, unattended, not running campus safety car. Is that gun on batteries or what? On/off button they forgot?
2. I always pick up always on Ka band from campus safety. Does that gun have an instant on feature? What are its other features that I should be aware of?
3. What are those two antennas on the top of the car? I don't think I saw any on the trunk.
4. I didn't get a picture of the front of it, but what is that box under the registration, to the left of the radar gun? Is that part of the radar unit?
5. Any bugs or false speed readings this guns gives? Not likely I'd get a ticket but good to know if anyone else I know does.
6. (edit) Is that a K or Ka band gun? What frequency? I know Campus Safety has SUVs (maybe Tahoes) and I get Ka from those... I'm starting to wonder if I've ever passed an Impala, but I DO get readings from when they're parked. I've passed a few of the SUVs and know I get Ka from those. I've never heard a K reading on campus.