Newcomer

Default Best mode for V1? X50

Greetings everyone!

I've got a V1 1.8 without POP (used for yrs and happy with it) and always use A mode for the roads around my area. I read that "L" mode would be better for city use and such?

I've just got my hands on the 1.8 POP and also a X50 for some testing. Its not possible to test both units together as they give off false alerts so I dont know how some sites do such testing? I've only had one Ka alert on both units and the X50 was quicker. However, difference is so small its not worth mentioning. I will try and do more testing between these units before I decide if the X50 gives more range or not over the V1.

I've used my old 1.8 V1 for years and its saved me many times. Lately I've heard police have POP radar which my old V1 didnt have so borrowed one with to test. It really annoys me when I see someone just saying that the X50 is better than the V1 and likewise. I would say both units are good but given the X50 is cheaper some people automatically say its a better unit!

Jim

Cheetah Rep

Welcome.
    Here's a link to some of the V1 settings with explanations.
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=432

Most people do use Logic or Advanced Logic in the city. if k band falses are an issue, than you can enable option "7" which will enable those settings in L and Adv L modes.
    one thing though, is that those modes don't filter k alerts, they actually set "automute" levels, depending on what other settings you are using (settings b thru g).
    i have X disabled, so i can't answer which one seems to work better, so someone else can answer that one.
    As for K, i was using Adv L, but now i'm going to try L for a while. it will be "noisier", but i want to see range on weak alerts, so i can decide for my area which will be better to use. if the majority of radar encounters are stronger hits in town, then i will go back to Adv L. if they are weaker(longer range), and the added weak signals warn of distant instant-on better, than i may use that. time will tell.
    others do the opposite of me. it just depends on where you live and drive, and what "threats" are there. i'm sure if you post more details about that, someone here with a similar situation will tell you what they use.
    Good luck with your testing. there are several people here that have done their own testing, so you can see what they did, and how.
    in the end pick whichever one works better for you, regardless of the reviews.

Founder of Stealthvation

I personally have found "L" Advanced Logic most useful. It has ALWAYS alerted me in planty of time and the falses are cut down to a respectable level
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

There isn't any reason to ever run the V1 in any mode except L. It will give you full readings, while cutting down on falses. People who complain about the V1 falsing are running it in A or little L mode. With the X50, it's the same except that in maximum filtering mode you are cutting down your X range by about 50%. That's not a problem as long as you don't have much X band around. On K and Ka you get full range and filtering.

Speed Demon

It's my understanding that Advance Logic just doesn't alert you to X band unless it would give a full reading on the strength meter. 95% of the non-police radar sources I come across are K-band, so I don't see how much advanced logic could help.
    Richard

Old Timer

ive done some tests on the range with advanced L on. You get about 5 or 6 seconds to slow down. You must act immediatly.