Lead Foot

Default Laser protection? What areas?

I'm curious what areas are targeted when police use laser for detection.

From what I've been reading, products like Veil and LaserShield are helpful in preventing immediate detection, and the areas I've heard that should be covered and/or applied to are the front (and rear?) headlights and license plates. But can a laser actually register the speed of a vehichle by tageting other areas...like the windshield, or front bumper? And if that's the case, what areas can or should Veil be applied to, and will having a bra help any (or can a bra be lasered as well)?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Laser protection? What areas?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    will having a bra help any ?
    It may but my wife tells me the "under wire" ones are uncomfortable.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Laser protection? What areas?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    I'm curious what areas are targeted when police use laser for detection.

From what I've been reading, products like Veil and LaserShield are helpful in preventing immediate detection, and the areas I've heard that should be covered and/or applied to are the front (and rear?) headlights and license plates. But can a laser actually register the speed of a vehichle by tageting other areas...like the windshield, or front bumper? And if that's the case, what areas can or should Veil be applied to, and will having a bra help any (or can a bra be lasered as well)?
    Seroiusly....check out the Guys of Lidar web site.
    All the info you need is probably there.
    Good Luck.

Lead Foot

Hmmmm....well, I checked out their site, but I couldn't really find anything that really gave a clear indication as to exactly what areas it should be applied to.

From what I've been reading in these forums....plates and headlights are definites, but that applying it to paint would not be advised and could be risky. Not sure about what other areas might be good candidates....

I'm curious.....can a reading be obtained by pointing the laser at the windshield? Or any other part of the car (hood, front bumper, etc.) other than the plates and headlights. I'm just wondering what all areas are a potential "market target" from law enforcement when shooting the beam.....

Professional

I'm curious.....can a reading be obtained by pointing the laser at the windshield? Or any other part of the car (hood, front bumper, etc.) other than the plates and headlights. I'm just wondering what all areas are a potential "market target" from law enforcement when shooting the beam
    The short answer is YES any place can be targeted.
    At the GOL testing I watched LEO#1 target the vehicle is several different areas to get a reading.
    When we were talking he told me he does NOT just target the headlights or license plate. He will aim at anything he can to get a reading.

On several occasions he would target the top of the vehicle to get a reading.

The headlights and license plate does give them some kind of starting point to target they will move the gun around to obtain a reading.

I was able to get several readings just by hitting the windshield when I was just messing around and playing with the different laser guns.

The ongoing discussions about LEO’s only targeting headlights and license plates are misleading and no longer true.
    Every time I read someone stating LEO's target that area only makes me laugh

Lead Foot

OUCH!

Well then, would "Veiling" the windshield be a good, or silly idea? :?

I'm guessing silly, since that's NEVER been mentioned anywhere from what I have seen (although it's obviously likely the largest and easiest target for LEO).

So if laser can likely get a reading from any part of the car....how come I've seen people recommending a front end bra? Is a bra "Veilable"?

Ahhhh......so much to learn......

Professional

they recommend the bra because of the color black is not as reflective as other colors.
    The less reflective the better.
    I would not recommend putting Veil on the bra or windshield.

With a good jammer in the right locations and Veil and a good radar detector you will be pretty good against laser.
    What I worry about more than laser is instant on!! That is deadly where I am from!