Newcomer

Default Brand X and brands A, B, C and Z - Stalker stoned (ha ha)

Hey "Stalk", you’re a 1000 + poster who bites on every hook. When there's no quick answer, there must be a good reason. Your faint (feint?) when you saw the RRP of the new Brand-X UNDETECTABLE is surprising for a tough looking dude like you. Ignoring my last post suggests you were in a coma after seeing the price of the Zee One - Valentine. $1,900 AUD for any dash-mount detector might be enough to render you unconscious for some time. Wakey wakey, kiddo!

Seriously, you have done Oz detector buyers a great service with your consumer outrage. So lets get a group of Australian poster boys together and rate the various detection options with a slide rule and fine toothcomb.

The Brand X designation is a great idea. Lets extend that to other detector makers. I cannot think of a more qualified man than you "Stalk" to be chairman of the board. Here's my 2 cents worth for a start.

Brand "A":
    Ancient American design.
    Detects only K band. Does not detect Ka band and has no Laser.
    It’s supposed to be very hard to detect by Stalcar RDD but no guarantee that it wont be caught at close range.
    $1,500 AUD is the current price.

Brand "B" (coming soon):
    May be a close relation to the mysterious Brand-X.
    Will detect X / K / Ka and Laser.
    No leakage at all. Will not be detected by Stalcar / Spectre / VG2 or any possible RDD.
    $1,100 AUD is the projected price.

Brand "C":
    Ancient American design.
    Detects only K band. Does not detect Ka band and has no Laser.
    It’s supposed to be very hard to detect by Stalcar RDD but no guarantee that it wont be caught at close range. Some TO’s have been nabbed on the Pacific and Hume Highways by Stalcar’s in unmarked white Mitsubishi Magnas parked at the side off the road. And we were told these RD's were “stealth”. LOL
    $1,500 AUD is the current price.

Brand "Z":
    Valentine with modifications criticised by Mike Valentine himself. Enough said.
    Detects X / K / Ka and Laser.
    Modified to be hard to detect but no guarantee that Stalcar / Spectre RDD will not find it at close range.
    $1,900 AUD is the current price.

Consumers rule!!! So let's “get it on” boys.

Worst Value: Brand “Z” - no dash mount detector is worth nearly 2 grand. These guys should be forced to pay for Stalker's "smelling salts" to revive him.

Sneakiest marketing: Brands "A" and "C". They refuse to publish that their detectors do not detect Ka or that Laser is not covered. You only get the WARNING that says "turn the detector OFF at close quarters” (to avoid being detected by the RDD) when you open the box after buying it. Shameful trick by that cunning monkey King Kon.g

Best Value: Brand "B" (Brand-X?). If it cannot be detected by Stalcar / Spectre or any RDD and covers K and Ka (no X in Oz) with good sensitivity - fantastic!!! Laser detection is always iffy in a truck as the detector is too high above the license (aiming point) plate. Still - rather have it than not. Have been saved in my car when first cab off the rank.

Lets get the opinions of other Aussie consumers. Keep it fair and honest boys - and let the devil take the hindmost.

Over to you "Stalck". I expect your reply to be the daddy of them all. Go for it boyo!!!

Yoda of Radar

What are A and C? K-band only?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    yeah never heard...for all the spectre free radar detectors i have heard about detect K, Ka, and Laser

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    It's like Brand X. Not to be revealed at the moment. However, lots of guys know what Brand X is because of the specs. Must be from one of the Big 3. Brand "B" is a clue to what is Brand X. Brand "X" is not Band "V". So Brand "A" and Brand "C" can be found by using the same reasoning. I've been told that brands "A" and "C" are the little 2. Poor specs are a big clue.

Stalker knows who makes these brands. Despite posting as recently as yesterday, he's not game to address this issue. Tempted to say he has no guts - but when you see his pic on this forum you cannot say that.

Come on "Stalk", have someone wave the smelling salts over your nose and give us an answer. What's up? Cannot figure out where you are? Up the tree, behind a bush, under a rock, in a massive snow drift?

Location, location "Stalk". What country, what state? State of mind is obvious - in denial.

You know lots about World and Au Radar. Tells us "Stalk", what is Brand "A" and what is Brand "C". Think old man, it'll pop out of your head. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Advanced Member

Interesting post not sure what the hell is going on but umm interesting :shock: