Good Citizen

Default looking for cheat sheet

oh how I have wished I could recognize detectors in other vehicles as I pass by.

I recently turned on pop on my RX65 and now I get all these falses. I usually look to see why and see cars/ trucks with detectors in them. they cant all be cobra's can they?

Does anyone have a spotter cheat sheet for cheap detectors? Pictures tell a thousand words.

p.s. sure I can do the research myself but I dont have the time! So I look to you guys for help

Radar Fanatic

There are a lot of Uniden models that cause false alarms too, and depending on the model they may even false on X and/or K band, not just Ka band. Older BELs can cause false alarms too, but we're talking extremely old ones, like the XKR700/800 which are 80s vintage.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

A couple tips-

if it has black suction cups, it's normally crap. The vast majority with the black cups are Cobra and newer RMR. Also, if it's black with a silver circle around the speaker on top, it's a Radio Shack, those are crap. Lastly, search for some pics of Uniden units on google. A lot of them look pretty similar, and they're also junk.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    A couple tips-

if it has black suction cups, it's normally crap. The vast majority with the black cups are Cobra and newer RMR. Also, if it's black with a silver circle around the speaker on top, it's a Radio Shack, those are crap. Lastly, search for some pics of Uniden units on google. A lot of them look pretty similar, and they're also junk.
    no, tell us how your really feel!

just joshing with ya!

love how you put everything... crap.... crap ... crap.

;-)

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    A couple tips-

no, tell us how your really feel!

just joshing with ya!

love how you put everything... crap.... crap ... crap.

;-)
    Hey, I tells it like it is!

Yoda of Radar

Crapras and Unicraps and Crap Shack they's all crap!