Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop The Ban!!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I think Beltronics has tried a couple times in the past to wipe the law in Ontario, I am sure when it was passed they weren't just sitting aside, know what I mean?
    The only way I imagine it can be done is as a law suit under the Charter of Rights, Made in Canada, legal to be sold in some parts of Canada and everywhere in the US (except VA and DC) but illegal in most of Canada where other Canadians live, a kind of 2nd class citizens, discrimination, etc...

Advanced Member

StealthJamal isn't going to like this one bit. Even though he lives in Virginia, he LIKES the ban, just check out his signature.

Professional

I've always preferred the "names in a hat" idea. Makes it easier for those of us who understand the stock market about as well as a monkey understands Shakespeare.

Administrator

Default I've always preferred the "names in a hat" idea

I've always preferred the "names in a hat" idea
    Ok, but then who pulls the name and how do we know that it was fair???

I pull the name then some idiot would say that I picked "whomever" cause he is an admin or whatever....

This way it would be fair, no one would have control what the number(s) would be. All you would need to do is log onto CNN that day to see that number.

Open for other ideas..
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: I've always preferred the "names in a hat" i

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    I pull the name then some idiot would say that I picked "whomever" cause he is an admin or whatever....
    Just make sure that "whomever" is me and I'll take care of anyone who complains :wink: :wink:

Professional

Default Re: I've always preferred the "names in a hat" i

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    I've always preferred the "names in a hat" idea
    Ok, but then who pulls the name and how do we know that it was fair???

This way it would be fair, no one would have control what the number(s) would be. All you would need to do is log onto CNN that day to see that number.

Open for other ideas..
    I guess people are less trusting than I am. I kind of figured you'd do it, and would have no problem with the results, but I see where you're coming from. My issue with that idea is that it gives some people a huge advantage, only because I sincerely doubt that all 1000 slots will be taken. Say happya$$ buys 250-275, then no one else buys anything until 350. Sethy then buys 400-425, and I buy 426-450.

Now we get really hypothetical, so I apoligize if this makes no sense.

Say the number is 291. Happya$$ wins the prize because he's closest, but wait! 291 is not in the number range happya$$ bought. In this way, Sethy and I paid the same $25 that happya$$ did, but whereas we more or less would have had to hit the number dead-on to win the prize, happya$$ essentially paid $25 for ~50 numbers, and as a result he won.

I hope your head's spinning, because after figuring that hypothetical out, mine sure is.

Unfortunately, I don't have any better ideas. I'll see if I can think of anything else in the near future, but rest assured when I say that I will be in on this (assuming it's legal for me to be--I'm under 21 until December 23) regardless of the format. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make it a truly random, one-chance-per-dollar contest.

Wait, I do have an idea! Go with the same format, but instead of closest to the mark wins, just roll everything over to the next day if no one hits the number exactly. That ensures that someone has to hit a number dead-on to win it. One of these days, the number will land in place. I'd also suggest putting a deadline on entries, say one day or so before the "drawing" takes place. No buying up additional real estate after the deadline. This ensures that neutrality remains.

I've talked enough.

*edited at 8:00 PM mountain to try and clean that hypothetical mess up some*

*second edit at about 8:03 to add the idea that I do, in fact, have*

Power User

PLEASE DO NOT HELP THE NATIONAL MOTORIST ASSOCIATION LIFT THE VIRGINIA DETECTOR BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T SEND THEM ANY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU LIVE IN VIRGINIA, WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND TELL THEM TO MAKE SURE THEY KEEP THE BAN ON DETECTORS IF THEY WANT TO STAY IN OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I APPRECIATE THE GOOD INTENTIONS OF THE NATIONAL MOTORIST ASSOCIATION, BUT IT IS BETTER FOR ALL OF US IN VIRGINIA THAT USE DETECTORS FOR DETECTORS TO STAY ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power User

Why do you say thay m8?? wouldnt it be better to lift the ban??? I wish it was lifted here.

Ill take some slots or whatever you figure out.

Power User

See the link in my signature. Detector users have it made in Virginia with the current law intact. Repealing the law would just mean a lot of instant on and more laser. Virgina LEO's would probably write more tickets if the ban gets lifted.

Power User

then get a jammer or dont drive @ 30 over