Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop The Ban!!

Administrator

Default Stop The Ban!!

The National Motorist Association (NMA) who is the oldest and larges motorist rights organization in the US has taken up the goal of repealing the radar detector ban in Virginia.

This is the same group that was instrumental in getting the national 55 mph speed limit lifted.

The NMA has recently created their own website at: http://www.stoptheban.org/index.html

In order to be successful they need two things

1: $$$$
    2: and letters from RESIDENTS of Virginia written to their state representatives asking for them to support lifting the ban.

Most of us on the board are not residents of VA, so #2 is out, however we can all help out with #1, and that is $$$$

I was thinking of having an "auction" for a radar detector, but that would not be allowed under many of my contracts I have with the manufactures. So I have been brainstorming trying to figure out another angle.

So far the only thing I have been able to come up with is some type of "lottery" like this. For each $1.00 someone donates to the NMA for lifting the ban, they would get one chance to win a new detector. And with the new "Brand X" coming out later this year, the prize could be the the winner would have the 1st one delivered to RB???

Anyway, just brainstorming at this point. Give me some ideas guys, is this something you maybe interested in??
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Yoda of Radar

Winning a brand X? Sounds good

I just wonder what the VA members think.... I posted about this a while ago and it seemed the VA members thought it better left intact, because the law is a joke and the cops use constant-on mostly.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Stop The Ban!!

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    I was thinking of having an "auction" for a radar detector,
    What you haven't had enough...... :shock:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    The National Motorist Association (NMA) who is the oldest and larges motorist rights organization in the US has taken up the goal of repealing the radar detector ban in Virginia.

This is the same group that was instrumental in getting the national 55 mph speed limit lifted.

The NMA has recently created their own website at: http://www.stoptheban.org/index.html

In order to be successful they need two things

1: $$$$
    2: and letters from RESIDENTS of Virginia written to their state representatives asking for them to support lifting the ban.

Most of us on the board are not residents of VA, so #2 is out, however we can all help out with #1, and that is $$$$

I was thinking of having an "auction" for a radar detector, but that would not be allowed under many of my contracts I have with the manufactures. So I have been brainstorming trying to figure out another angle.

So far the only thing I have been able to come up with is some type of "lottery" like this. For each $1.00 someone donates to the NMA for lifting the ban, they would get one chance to win a new detector. And with the new "Brand X" coming out later this year, the prize could be the the winner would have the 1st one delivered to RB???

Anyway, just brainstorming at this point. Give me some ideas guys, is this something you maybe interested in??
    I wish the conditions of the VA ban would apply to Ontario/Quebec/Eastern Canada :roll:

BTW, is there any org in Canada similar to NMA? Is it CAA or APA (Automobile Protection Association) maybe, that have the power to take up on Ont/Quebec governments?

Administrator

Default GRIN

What you haven't had enough......
    GRIN
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I wish the conditions of the VA ban would apply to Ontario/Quebec/Eastern Canada :roll:

BTW, is there any org in Canada similar to NMA? Is it CAA or APA (Automobile Protection Association) maybe, that have the power to take up on Ont/Quebec governments?
    Now that's interesting. Keep in mind Beltronics is located in Ontario... think of the added sales potentials for the companies!

The SQ seizes about 1200 RD per year, in Ontario it is more. I'm sure all of those guys will gladly sign to erase the law from the books!

Professional

I'd be up for the raffle idea. Can't have enough good RDs.

Administrator

Default How does this sound

Ok, how does this sound?

Put together a grid from 001 to 999

You buy a number (or a block)

Then lets say on a particlar date we use the last 3 numbers of the closing of the DOW. Example, today it cloese at 10402.77 Today's winning number would be 277

Got to make sure this is legal too
    I know that is legal to have a raffel in AZ as long as "the house" does not have a take in it...
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior

Now that's interesting. Keep in mind Beltronics is located in Ontario... think of the added sales potentials for the companies!

The SQ seizes about 1200 RD per year, in Ontario it is more. I'm sure all of those guys will gladly sign to erase the law from the books!
    The Beltronics guy I spoke with during my visit, Mr. "H", wasn't happy at all when I came up with my questions about legalizing the RD in Ontario (and I mentioned to him Beltronics' potential to sale way more units, with Ont, Quebec and Eastern Canada customers having the right to use one legally)... so if the company who makes them is not interested, who is it :?: :roll:
    And about the number of RDs seized by cops, I don't know about Quebec as I don't live/drive in the La Belle Province, but about Ontario (and I drive on all the roads of the most populated area of the province), with all do respect, but it's next to impossible to see one vehicle with an RD in it... who the hell knows about RDs, RDDs, etc., people don't speak a word English, they can hardly drive since a car doesn't look at all like a rickshaw they are very much used to... if I have to bet I would say 1-2/month the most... there are more illegal guns than RDs in my area :roll:

Yoda of Radar

I think Beltronics has tried a couple times in the past to wipe the law in Ontario, I am sure when it was passed they weren't just sitting aside, know what I mean?