Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Multiple cell phones causes KA alert on my X50

Hello.

I have an X50, my X band, K band and pop is turned off. Only KA and laser is on.

I almost NEVER get falses when I am alone. I use a nokia 6230 and it is even connected to a handfree system in my vehicle.

However sometimes when other people are in my car using different phone models.....i'll get occasionaly KA falses, espeically if one or two of them are making a phone call.

why when i'm alone it doesn't happen but when others are in my car it happens?

I"m nicely bragging on about how good the detector is and how it doesn't false, and then there it goes falsing on KA band.

Old Timer

Just be thankful it doesnt false to UDF signs

Mine used to false X when I was on my old cellphone. It would give 2 braps on an incoming call. If I was in a rural area, and it would go off I would know its my phone... I loved it, I could have my music up and still know when my phone was going off

KA band is a different story... but may I ask why you have K off?

Professional

What is a UDF sign?

My K band is turned off because in HK they only use lasers, and Multanova's which function on KA band only.

There is only one single location in HK where K band is used and i know where coz its always the same photo radar box so i leave my K band off to remove all falses.

Multanova's suck! Sometimes my X50 will only beep when i'm almost parallel to the radar!

Banned

Default K Band in HK

I notice that this post is from a little while ago. I live in Hong Kong is there still only one place where the K band is used here so is it worth turning it off? Can you tell me where it is please? Thanks in advance . JHK

Experienced

Default Re: K Band in HK

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHK
    I notice that this post is from a little while ago. I live in Hong Kong is there still only one place where the K band is used here so is it worth turning it off? Can you tell me where it is please? Thanks in advance . JHK
    A "little"? Holy thread resurrection Batman.....

Radar Fanatic

I wouldn't ever turn a band off unless you can absolutely guarantee that it is no longer in use. I still wouldn't ever turn of K or Ka because although your city might not use it - your state/country still might.

I'm not really sure on the question - but I think this answers it.

V1 Zombie

My cell phone would set off my old 990's and the RX65. Drove me nuts. Think you will find the V1 and the sti to be free from this due to the magnesium case. I to only have laser and Ka on great eh! :wink:

Power User

Those cheap motorola V180's that everyone using Cingular last year seems to have have caused me at least 2 full-strength Ka band readings on incoming call, when someone posessing one is in my car.

Banned

Very Funny Mr. Diver - it was/is definitely "vintage"

I am keeping my K band on to be absolutely sure.

My Bluetooth handsfree earpiece when I turn it on has set off the RX65 but only for a second.

Thanks for replying everyone - drive safely.

JHK

Professional

JohnnyHK

K band is still occasionaly in use on Tolo highway, all the way up to fanling and sheungshui.