Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new user

Default new user

I am currently looking to purchase a radar detector and I just wanted to see if the "radar jamming" as advertised by jcwhitney and other people are truely what they advertise and send the police a false signal. Also, if there are any individuals in the phoenix or arizona area, what are the local laws about these dvices?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: new user

Welcome aboard. Not sure exactly which jammer you're speaking of, as there are many. Some jammers work. Some are crap. Check out the FAQ link in my signature for a quick education. Enjoy!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

hey man, thanks. could anyone tell me how vulnerable a 91 pontiac grand am would be, or how to get ahold of a LEGAL jammer, since it is legal in this state according to the guide

Yoda of Radar

Ooops! Sorry, the word "jammer" threw me. I thought you meant laser.

No, radar jammers are not legal anywhere, and no, they don't work anyhow.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

well a legal laser jammer would work wonders too lol

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by grand am of phoenix View Post
    They definitely work wonders! Well, the few good ones do, anyhow. And they're all legal, except in the states noted in the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grand am of phoenix View Post
    They definitely work wonders! Well, the few good ones do, anyhow. And they're all legal, except in the states noted in the FAQ.
    well we all love little minor things being legal. but is there an OBVIOUS diference between radar detectors and laser detectors, that even the most unwitting cops will notice?

Yoda of Radar

I'm not exactly clear what you are asking. There are no radar jammers. Nobody has made one in years. And the ones that were made were pretty obvious, like a radar detector box on your dashboard. But since being federally outlawed, they simply aren't made anymore. And police radar technology has outgrown low-tech jammers anyhow.

Laser jammers are very small, and are mounted discretely on your car where they are not even noticed. There are going to be cops who educate themselves and know what to look for. But the number of laser jammers on the road is so microscopic that most cops will never see one even if they look their whole career. And so long as you use it properly, they'll never know to look for it anyhow.

oh ok, ive never looked at or even attempted to research anything until now. i am just concerned because due to the fact that i smoke cigars, local police love me and search me and my car DAILY.

and also, has anyone ever heard of "COBRA systems

Yoda of Radar

If you mean Cobra radar detectors, yes, they have a lot of them. They're among the worst performers on the market though.