Default Thoughts on replacing RX65

Well my RX65 has served me very well in the past few years and I think I got bitten by something because I'm thinking that the V1 is the detector to replace my RX. The RX can do duty in my work vehicle and I can retire my Bel Express 765. I don't speed much in either vechicle but I like having a reminder as well as I enjoy something to do while out and find covert LEOs hehe.

I really don't have a need for the GPS/RLC/speed camera type detectors. The reduction of sensitivity at slow speeds with the GPS sounds good but I guess I want the max detection range. The bogey counter and arrows seem to be helpful as well. Is there something else I'm overlooking.

Can you guys/gals give me some input. Would the V1 be a good replacement for the RX? I guess I need some convincing that my RX can be retired haha.

Oh yeah I mostly run into 34.7 and 35.5 KA and laser(not much)......haven't seen too much K band except up in Park City, but i don't go up there much....
    Last edited by Grimmjpr; 09-06-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Thoughts on replacing RX65

Well as usual it depends alot on where you drive. I live in a small town, drive long flats in OK and the V1 works great for me, in fact I just upgraded my wifes X50 to the V1. BUT if you drive in big city area mostly, it may not be for you.
    Try the 30 trial and see how you like it.

Speed Demon
    Sanford, Florida, United States

I did an RX65 vs. V1 review a few months ago that you should find interesting Valentine 1 vs. Beltronics RX65 . My conclusion was that the V1 would be my next upgrade.

Thanks for the comparo, great work, I don't know how I missed that one. I did notice that around curves the RX65 on KA is a bit lacking, and that the laser detection sux.... Sometimes I get a great long distance alert and other times i'm like daymn that was close. I guess i just like things to the max haha...... thanks again.....

Anyway keep the info and thoughts coming. I think for christmas i'm getting myself a V1 with a CD.