Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional

Default Re: Lexus HS Hybrid will have Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    How about people just pay attention to actually driving?
    EXACTLY and quoted for f*cking truth. If people focused on what they are supposed to be doing when behind the wheel, the roads would be much safer.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper View Post
    EXACTLY and quoted for f*cking truth. If people focused on what they are supposed to be doing when behind the wheel, the roads would be much safer.
    Better still: how about you increase the licensing standards up from "must have a pulse?"

Enforce existing laws against distracted driving, enforce lane discipline, and revoke the licenses of the incompetent, and 99% of our traffic problems will evaporate. Not only would the roads be safer, they would be less congested as well.

Alas, we lack the political will in this country to do what Germany and other European countries do. Which means that American roads are only going to get worse and worse, with more and more of these nanny devices, until somebody invents a car that can drive itself. Once every car has a reliable computer pilot, the occupants can chat on their cell phones, apply their makeup, send text messages, and do all the other stupid **** they do now, only it won't endanger anyone.

The only downside to this driving Utopia is that people who actually enjoy driving will have to go to a race track or other off-road facility in order to actually drive a car.

Radar Fanatic

the lexus uses the millimeter radar band (so they say), by using the definition the mm band is from 40 - 300 GHz way past Ka band so it should not interfere with our RD.
    Last edited by languy99; 10-04-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Good Citizen

Seems to me the next radar band is 65Gig ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xen0n flash View Post
    That's all we need....respectively, CVS stores on wheels.
    Just saw this commercial and was thinking the same thing. Stay the hell out of K/Ka band please!

Yoda of Radar

What kind of non-sense is this?

You want us to actually drive well we are supposed to be driving.

Pshhhh I have more important things like:

Eating, yapping on my phone, texting when my music is too loud to yap, making my own coffee, doing homework, talk on my computer via AIM and mobile high-speed internet port for cars, putting on make-up... thats right, watching tv, staring at my GPS for directions (we all know that it shows the roads, why look at the REAL roads in-front of me?), limbering up for my gymnastics class with the Russian Olympic team, trying to find holes in Einsteins theory of relativity... as well as finally trying to bring about world peace.

That is on a day where I am not busy, how do you expect me to do all this and DRIVE as you want me to pal!?! My 3,500-pound car I bought will drive itself.

Mobile Installer

pretty cool vid. im looking forward to get my hands on that unit on that suv and play around wit it and see if i can install it on my car.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

What's someone with a Lexus gonna think when they plug in a detector and it goes off K all the time.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    What kind of non-sense is this?

You want us to actually drive well we are supposed to be driving.

Pshhhh I have more important things like:

Eating, yapping on my phone, texting when my music is too loud to yap, making my own coffee, doing homework, talk on my computer via AIM and mobile high-speed internet port for cars, putting on make-up... thats right, watching tv, staring at my GPS for directions (we all know that it shows the roads, why look at the REAL roads in-front of me?), limbering up for my gymnastics class with the Russian Olympic team, trying to find holes in Einsteins theory of relativity... as well as finally trying to bring about world peace.

That is on a day where I am not busy, how do you expect me to do all this and DRIVE as you want me to pal!?! My 3,500-pound car I bought will drive itself.
    It's unreal.

Yoda of Radar

In my opinion, the radar systems are better than the laser systems. At least the radar systems are only annoying when the cruise control is enabled, as opposed to the #&*@^# laser systems that are on all the time!