Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default Would you still drive fast?

Would you still drive fast if you weren't protected? I feel naked when I'm without mine and obey the speed limit to some extent.

Banned

yes i to feel naked with out my RD altho i do still go like 5 over only and not fun to be around with out one lol

Old Timer

Id speed on the highways still, blinder and veil are still there :wink:

Good Citizen

Default Re: Would you still drive fast?

I personally don't use my V1 for going crazy, just keeping up with the flow (unless they're going too fast for the conditions) and not getting screwed, and/or when I'm in an unfamiliar area, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Would you still drive fast if you weren't protected? I feel naked when I'm without mine and obey the speed limit to some extent.

Professional

I should rephrase: Would you still drive fast without ANY protection (sorry Sethy :wink: ) no jammers, no NADA. And for the record, by fast I mean 10-15 over in flowing traffic, not stupid/rediculously fast.

Longsnowsm

I really don't drive fast even with "protection" so my driving habits really wouldn't change. Granted I feel naked without my toys, but I don't drive the way I do because of them. My best protection hands down are my eyes and they catch more "bogies" than my "protection" does by 2-1.

Longsnowsm

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I really don't drive fast even with "protection" so my driving habits really wouldn't change. Granted I feel naked without my toys, but I don't drive the way I do because of them. My best protection hands down are my eyes and they catch more "bogies" than my "protection" does by 2-1.

Longsnowsm
    Couldn't have said it better myself, and couldn't agree more.

I would only change one thing (my eyes+glasses) I dont drive without them cause I wouldnt see bogeys let alone anything over 50feet away

Yoda of Radar

10-15km/h over the highway speed limit in nice conditions with nothing?

Yeah definately, I don't want to get rear-ended by someone merging onto the highway!

10-15mi/h, 15mi/h would put me around 77mi/h, or 124km/h. Yeah again I am not terribly worried.

I'd probably think again before booting it up to 200km/h in a 100 zone but hey it's winter now, much less police but much more ice on the road :roll:

I am fairly good in my abilities as a driver, at least I like to think so. What I mean is that I know the sole locations where the police will hide (ie the u-turn in the medians), and have good enough eyesight and look far enough ahead I'd probably have a good chance to stomp the brakes before even getting within their range. The only difficult situation would be a 2-lane road with the cop in the other direction.

Newcomer

I was in vacation in Tennesee last week and drove from Nashville to Memphis doing 10 over the limit. I didn't bring my detector for the rental car and felt odd the entire time without it.

Good Citizen

As long as I am running with the best (guinea pig/rabbit) then I eyes are searching a mile/s :roll: , pushing the limit :twisted: .

When I am solo on the road without a detector and realize that I have exceeded the posted limit by 10-15mph ops: , my rear lights up the red, and search for LEO.