Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default rearview mirror stuff...

I've been fooling with installing a V1 CD in my mirror and did some "proof of concept" experiments with an old broken RV mirror before digging into my nice one.

This is with a crappy template that I cut out freehand.

Even if the V1 RV deal isn't for you, I could see putting jammer LED's or something behind the mirror. Could also be a neat place for a CI display...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: rearview mirror stuff...

I personally never liked the idea because I bought a CD so no one behind me could see that I have a radar detector. Putting the lights into the rearview mirror would defeat the purpose.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I personally never liked the idea because I bought a CD so no one behind me could see that I have a radar detector. Putting the lights into the rearview mirror would defeat the purpose.
    Yea, I'm kind of with you but the CD just looks too out of place anywhere in the car and I can't bring myself to hack up the cluster... I just want a clean install that makes it easy to turn back stock.

Radar Fanatic

what car do you have and I might be able to find a cool place for you.

Power User

I agree about the mirror - yes, it's a cool hack, but from a practical standpoint it's the worst place to put all those bright blinky lights.

What about that storage compartment below the stereo? Or that panel on the left side where there is what appaears to be an aftermarket gauge in this photo?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    what car do you have and I might be able to find a cool place for you.

I've placed it around in the cluster and toyed with the idea of making an enclosure for it on top of the steering column which matches the contours of the interior but I just feel like fooling with the mirror deal.

The ideal thing would be to use the DIC for display. It's the standard dot-matrix deal like in my sig. Would be neat to use say the trip odometer toggle to receive/display info from the V1.

There's SWARGA. He could figure it out in his sleep !

It looks like you could place it pretty much how I have mine (link in sig), with the cluster. I took the top panel of my dash off (not sure if yours would do the same), then I drilled a downward facing (very small) hole, which I ran my cables through. This makes it so that if I remove my display, the hole will be hard to see unless you're hanging upside down in my truck. I'm not sure if you have a car, but if so, a car would be even harder to see if you have a downward facing hole.

Good Citizen

V1 in the mirror...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Maybe consider a Blendmount. Not the one for the V1 itself, but the one for the Scangauge. It looks perfect for a mount and you can use it to mount the display above the mirror, above the roof-line so its going to be hard to see unless you're in a low-rider.

Newcomer

I've also found a spot around the instrument cluster works the best. Your always looking in that area already and it kind of become apart of the instrument cluster after awhile.

Would also love to have integrated into my mirror if possible just for the stealth look