ES13Raven

Default What gun is this?

This is what my local PD uses:

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Geneses VP

A very nice unit with excellent range.

ES13Raven

Thats pretty cool that they use the Black & Decker rechargeable VersaPack for batteries...

And this is kinda scary
    Strongest signal or faster target

For years radar guns could display only the speed of the vehicle returning the strongest signal. Now the Genesis-VP™ lets you track and lock the speed of the vehicle with the strongest signal return or the speed of the faster moving vehicle.
    With the "push of a button" he could get the speed of the guy going next to you, and pull you over for it.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    Thats pretty cool that they use the Black & Decker rechargeable VersaPack for batteries...

And this is kinda scary

For years radar guns could display only the speed of the vehicle returning the strongest signal. Now the Genesis-VP™ lets you track and lock the speed of the vehicle with the strongest signal return or the speed of the faster moving vehicle.
    With the "push of a button" he could get the speed of the guy going next to you, and pull you over for it.
    As a very famous (Super) Trooper once said:
    "Mother of god"

Experienced

LOL what a classic movie!

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: What gun is this?

This is what my local PD uses:

Yea, when I first looked at that picture I couldnt help but think....I could smoke that BMW everyday. Then again "Cant outrun the radio"

mauiman, it truely is a great movie, nice to see someone else thinks so

Professional

And this is kinda scary

They'd have to be a stupid cop to not notice that the guy next to you was going faster, and you could raise reasonable doubt in court by asking the officer what mode he was in, if there were any adjacent vehicles, and if they were passing you or not. For the traffic judges in Tempe, those questions alone would prompt them to throw out the ticket and lecture the officer on proper use of his equipment. I've seen a very similar situation play out in court here, and the judge I sat in on seemed to side with the ticketee if there was any legitimate question about the citation's validity.