Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default RD a must in CT.

You better have a RD in CT. and I don't mean for speeding It seems the State has passed some new laws....You can get stopped for anything that takes your mind off of driving...Smoking...drinking coffee...even a mother turning away to look at her baby :shock: Almost anything! So better keep that sucker on in CT>>>Any you guys hear about this :?: :?:

Good Citizen

I think that Michigan has a similar law. You can't have anything on your windshield that might distract you. Stickers if you are a car dealer (Price) , dice ifn you like fuzzy ones (LOL) or RD's could be a distraction....

Good Citizen

Default RD

I think this is worse :!: If you start to sip your coffee thats good enough...Or if a mother turns around for 2 seconds to check her Baby..It's not what you have on your Dash :!: Even taking a drag on your cig...They can nail you on this

Radar Fanatic

why dont they crack down on roadside distractions, like speed traps !

Old Timer

sounds like they need revenue...

Radar Fanatic

News to me. I'll have to look into it.

Professional

theres a law in wisconsin that says you cant have anything to block your view outside your windshield. detectors and fuzzy dice - haha - and parking tags on rearview mirrors are all included in this, along with anything else that may be hanging from your rearview mirror. i have my detector low and center and i have a parking tag. also my dad has the fuzzy dice (kinda a funny image...) and neither of us have ever been stopped or even looked @ twice for it. my dad has had the dice for 5+ years now. once when he got pulled over for speeding 40 in a 25 (and not ticketed ) the cop didnt even say anything about them hanging there

Experienced

Yeah, I think you're only going to get in trouble if when, whatever is distracting you means you weave either slightly right or left of the center of the lane. For some, that is taking a puff on a cigarrette. If your car maintains centered in the lane, then it is perceived there is no distraction. My opinion is, it's an attempt to make people take responsibility for whatever distracts you, instead of making blanket laws outlawing specific items (i.e cell phones). Some people can multitask and some can't. Just a fact of life.

Good Citizen

^Right.

I think the only time they'll bust you is if your swerving, or driving in an otherwise distracted manor.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be on the same road as a mom that was taking her eyes off the road to look at her kid anyway, but apparently that's just me. *shrug*.

Yoda of Radar

I've heard of mothers just adjusting the rearview mirror to look directly at the kid. That's not safe for sure.

But then again, "what'sa behind me does notta matta"