Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Have you ever done this?

Ok, got your attention. This is one of those things that brings out the devil in us.

I'm cruising down the freeway at a pretty good clip, in the fast lane, probably +15 or more over PSL. So in my mirror I clearly see some guy who wants to pass, but in the other lanes cars and trucks are moving MUCH slower. So I would have to brake and lane change to let Mr. "I Really Wanna Ticket" to pass. So I bide my time, will let him pass as long as there is a decent open stretch in another lane. My RD starts showing a weak signal (ok, I can see now you know what I am leading up to). I slow just a bit, which really pisses the guy off. I then accelerate just enough to tuck in between vehicles in the next lane, then brake down to the PSL.

The other guy flies off like a slingshot - right into Mr Radar and gets pulled over..... Priceless.

Power User

Default Re: Have you ever done this?

nice, have you seen donut patrol's video?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I'll check it out....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    Actually - I had one similar episode at night. Slow trucks in slow lane, and I was doing 80mph in 65 zone and a car was tailgating me. After a minute of tailgating, he turned on his red lights. Ooops.... I changed lanes, and the CHP unit zoomed past and caught up to a car 1/4 mile ahead of us and pulled him over. A rather scary moment. Not sure why but he REALLY wanted to pull THAT guy over.

Radar Fanatic

If the guy seems cool in my book and drives well and is just in a hurry then I try to get him to slow down. If they are a dick, then I egg them on till the last second and the let them slingshot on by.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    Ok, got your attention. This is one of those things that brings out the devil in us.

I'm cruising down the freeway at a pretty good clip, in the fast lane, probably +15 or more over PSL. So in my mirror I clearly see some guy who wants to pass, but in the other lanes cars and trucks are moving MUCH slower. So I would have to brake and lane change to let Mr. "I Really Wanna Ticket" to pass.
    I haven't done this, primarily because I won't get into such a situation. If I see faster traffic approaching, I'll wait until they are past me before I begin my own pass. Worst case, if there is a super long line of slow cars in the right lane, I will speed up sufficiently so that I can clear them and return to the right lane without holding up faster traffic behind me.

I do these things #1 because it's the law (the "slower" in "slower traffic keep right" does not refer to the posted speed limit, it refers to the other cars on the road) and #2 because I always appreciate it when people do the same thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    I haven't done this, primarily because I won't get into such a situation. If I see faster traffic approaching, I'll wait until they are past me before I begin my own pass. Worst case, if there is a super long line of slow cars in the right lane, I will speed up sufficiently so that I can clear them and return to the right lane without holding up faster traffic behind me.

I do these things #1 because it's the law (the "slower" in "slower traffic keep right" does not refer to the posted speed limit, it refers to the other cars on the road) and #2 because I always appreciate it when people do the same thing for me.
    X2

I typically AM the guy who wants to pass. Except, all 2,3,4 lanes are doing PSL-5. I never tailgate when their is traffic, since going slow is nobody's fault. However, if you CAN move right, you SHOULD move right. Then you can get back over.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post

X2

I typically AM the guy who wants to pass. Except, all 2,3,4 lanes are doing PSL-5. I never tailgate when their is traffic, since going slow is nobody's fault. However, if you CAN move right, you SHOULD move right. Then you can get back over.
    One thing I noticed of late when driving Interstates through the deserts. In a very long drive, say I-80 from Wendover NV to Reno, like 420 miles, not a single car passes me, and I am averaging around 88 MPH. Whatever happened to the good old days when people drove across the deserts at 100? Perhaps it is the economy and price of gas?

Professional

I've had similar situations.

Ill usually move over if I see a car hovering behind me at a safe distance. If theyre On my a$$ blaring there high beems then Ill slow to the posted speed limit and drive them nutts.