Newcomer

Default Snooper S6R Neo, rubbish???

I have one of these units, its the two piece set, a gps unit for fixed cameras and a detector for mobile traps etc.

Now the GPS is fine.

But the other piece of junk is really annoying me now, it goes off randomly, which wouldn't be so bad if it picked up actual traps, which it doesn't.

I have been through the roadside copper with a speed gun and nothing, i actually turned round and drove back through to check, not a thing!

Same applys for mobile camera vans........nothing!

It gets false alarms daily, all k band, between strength 1-5, on occasion it gives a full blown laser alert, but only at 'really fresh air' :roll: .

The fact in paying a monthly subscription for the pleasure does my head in too.

Is it a case of the snooper s6r neo is just rubbish anyway, or should it be ok and my unit is faulty.

When the unit is powered up, on the 'searching for satelites' screen, it shows in the top right corner a symbol that proves a link between the unit and the detector, however once running this symbol vanishes.

Your thoughts please??????????????

Oh and i found this place from a link at www.bmwland.co.uk

Radar Fanatic

All radar detectors have false alerts, because they detect other radar sorces which operate on the x, k, ku, and ka bands.

traffic lights, and supermarkets all use radar and will set your detector off..

as for the road side police and camera vans they use laser guns which use infrared light to get your speed, it takes only 0.3 seconds for it to get your speed, and its like instant on pulsed radar, as the laser isnt on all the time only when he pulls the trigger, so the laser detector doesnt have much time to find it only scatter from the laser which bounces off car targeted infront.

the detector can have more time to find the laser in this way if the operator cant get a speed reading and keeps his finger on the trigger, this is the constant mode where the laser will continue to fire laser at the car until the operator pulls his finger off the trigger.

all in all its extremely unlikely you will get an advanced warning to laser using the snooper, and its also unlikely that even with the detector mounted on the window at the bottom, it wont detect the laser which is fired at your number plate..

But by this time he normaly has your speed.... unless hes firing from a bridge at long range then maybe if you get an alert you may have time to slow down before he can get your speed...

to test your laser detector use a tv or hifi remote control, but you may need to be an inch from the sensor due to low power of the remote..

i hope this helps.....

if you really want to get it to give you a laser alert mount it near your front mumber plate or in your grill!

Lead Foot

think it might be me who put the link on there ! :?

Lead Foot

laser falses could from the traffic master network poles.

Radar Fanatic

or technicly anything emitting infrared light on the 800 - 1,100nm scale which the snooper detects on..

Newcomer

Yeah it was s70rmp......ya guilty.

I know sensors on shop doors and garage forecourts drive it wild.

I geuss what im saying is, is a road angel or something else going to be any better?

Also is there anything that'll pick up the camera vans and roadside guns?

That is what the rcd100 or whatever its called is supposed to do, but mine doesn't!

Lead Foot

The V1 picks up the mobile vans that I've past and the roadside guns.

The thing with GPS is that thats all it does it picks up the point of the planet you are in.

They tried to ban radar detectors last earlier this year, for 1 reason they want to start using radar again !

Radar Fanatic

Absolutly true, if the snooper doesnt detect the roadside laser guns,

If you've just brought it ring them up and complain, they are ment to detect them as stated on the box.

Under uk trade descriptions act the product should do as it says on the box...

snooper says.....

The S6-R RLD has been designed to DETECT all types of radar and laser speed monitoring systems often used in danger spots where 'Fixed' systems cannot be easily utilsed, thus ensuring that you will be made alert to nearly every speed monitoring system and accident hotspot whether Fixed or Mobile.

so this gives the impression when out of the road it will do just that!

so even though laser is hard to detect anyway, snooper are breaking trade descriptions act if it doesnt!

also on the s6r neo it says

Providing advanced warning of:

Digital Safety Cameras

Truvello Safety Cameras

SPECS Camera Systems

Radar & Laser Guns

Digital Cameras

Accident Hotspots

All Fixed and Mobile speed monitoring system

so as its not giving any advanced warning, because its not detecting them same again they are breaking the law!

if you send it back and they return it saying its working or they replace it and it still doesnt detect the vans, pay the trading stardards a visit!