Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser shield on rear plate?

Is it legal to put the laser shield on your rear plate? I suppose that if you have a front plate it is necessary for coverage, but I don't have a front plate.

Does it really serve its purpose when placed on a rear plate? What are the odds of being lasered from behind?

Old Timer

I have seen a few laser from behind videos on the board, and I have witnessed a laser from behind about 2 weeks ago (first ever)

Lasershield on the rear wont do anythin for ya. There is just to much rear of a car to have any hope on protecting it (maybe an AL6)

You may have a slight chance if your car is all black

Professional

If you already have a jammer, perhaps adding laser shield in the rear as well as Veil might make your chances of getting a rear laser ticket more slim.

However, i doubt that lasershield on its own would actually save you, on top of that you RD may not even pick up a rear laser signal to warn you.

And i would think it might be obvious because if a cop is following you, he'd see it very clearly.

Yoda of Radar

As stated the odds of being lasered form behind are slim (but it is very possible...dont get a false sense of security).

Dilip is correct that with veil, a jammer, adding a lasershield (for how relatively cheap it is) may be worth while, but then again just do to the profile of most cars from the rear, the rear laser protection is (by an order of magnitutude) harder then front end protection. If you don't have veil and or a jammer already, getting a lasershield would be nearly all but pointless.

Power User

Ive been shot on the ass before.....thats why i ORDERED 2 LASER SHEILDS FROM ROY, One for the front and the other for the back...so did 2 of my mates...

Founder of Stealthvation

"Baby got back I like big butts and I cant just lie"........ Anyway Seth nailed it right on the head putting a laser shield on the rear is a waste of time. Same goes for Veil on the rear.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    "Baby got back I like big butts and I cant just lie"........ Anyway Seth nailed it right on the head putting a laser shield on the rear is a waste of time. Same goes for Veil on the rear.
    My car is pretty much black so I may stand a chance....ill do a test when I get it to confirm....

Professional

Yes it'd be really interesting to see the test results.

If it's close range i'm sure you're toast, but if some reasont he cop only lasers you after you're quite far away from him u might stand a chance

Founder of Stealthvation

My car is black as well and I got the laser shield and Laser veil on the rear and it does absolutely nothing
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

So since "color" of the vehicle plays a part in detectability.....does this mean that people with bright, shiny, silver metallic type cars should scrap the idea of laser protection altogether? Does this mean that a bright, shiny silver, yellow or white car is already practically toast just by virtue of the color....even if they add Veil, LaserShield, a jammer, etc.?