Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default radar rear detection

hey guys i was just wondering how the x50 would do on rear detection. Like if you were the only car on the road and here was a leo about a mile behind you.. would the x50 pick it up?

Experienced

Well, there are a few variables to consider. Is the LEO using a low-powered Ka gun? Are there hills and valleys between you and the cop?

I can't speak for the x50, but, I've tested my V1 this way before. Our town has a mobile speed sign in a trailer. It runs K-band. I've driven my car away from it to see how far the V1 will detect it. When the Sheriff sets it up on a long, flat road, the V1 registers for about 2.5 miles. I would expect that the x50 would perform in a similar manner.

Advanced Member

The X50 does not have a rear antenna so don't expect it to perform nearly as good as the V1 does to the rear. It might detect it in your scenario, if there are signs or terrain etc if front of you for the radar to reflect off of and into the front antenna.

Jim

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    The X50 does not have a rear antenna so don't expect it to perform nearly as good as the V1 does to the rear.
    Jim
    Thanks for the clarification. I've never used an x50, just the V1 (and I love it).

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    The X50 does not have a rear antenna so don't expect it to perform nearly as good as the V1 does to the rear. It might detect it in your scenario, if there are signs or terrain etc if front of you for the radar to reflect off of and into the front antenna.

Jim

Jimbonzzz that has reminded me of a question I have always wondered... are the front and rear antenna on the v1 the exact same thing or is there any essential differences between the two of them? I would assume they would be very similair in nearly every respect, however I would like for you to explain any differences if noteworthy and if you could.

Radar Fanatic

on my trip to fla i passes a cop going with traffic but parked to the of the road and tagging people from the rear. i picked up his Ka gun for 1.9 miles if that helps :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    on my trip to fla i passes a cop going with traffic but parked to the of the road and tagging people from the rear. i picked up his Ka gun for 1.9 miles if that helps :wink:

That is some hefty rear detection if I may say so myself 8)

thanks alot guys

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi

That is some hefty rear detection if I may say so myself 8)
    you aint sh*!n' . i was amazed :shock: .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    Jimbonzzz that has reminded me of a question I have always wondered... are the front and rear antenna on the v1 the exact same thing or is there any essential differences between the two of them? I would assume they would be very similair in nearly every respect, however I would like for you to explain any differences if noteworthy and if you could.
    The receive circuit is exactly the same for front and rear. The only difference is, the rear antenna is smaller and provides a little less gain than the front.

Jim